'85 V8J60 $4K in VA (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I still haven't made the time to finish up the last few things on this truck. So it's back up for sale again, I just don't have time for it. $4K OBO

Specs:

-SOA
-Ford Shock Towers
-SBC 350 swap ~50k on the motor
-electric fan
-rebuilt q-jet
-axles were rebuilt summer of '06 but DS ft is starting to leak a little again
-Lock-rite in the rear
-All-Pro high steer arms and FJ80 TREs
-700R4 transmission rebuilt when swapped 2 years and very few miles ago huge tranny cooler
-NP203 doubler-> stock case NP203 was just rebuilt
-homemade triple shifter
-Hurst shifter for the auto
-Recaro seats out of a late 80's GLI jetta
-rear stock seat is in good shape
-Interior bedlined
-2x3" steel rear bumper with D-ring and 2" reciever hitch
-2x3" sliders homemade
-Rattle can green with white stripe on the hood and roof
-JTO shackles in the rear
-New shackle bushings
-4-runner calipers up front with a T-100 master cylinder
-stickers on the rear windows are free (it's the old 'mud sticker)

The truck drove well with the auto and doubler. I had a little heat trouble last time out with a bad lower radiator hose but that's fixed properly now. Some leaking issues with the doubler set up but the t-cases are now rebuild and good to go.

There is typical rust for the age. Spots on the lift gate. some on the bottom of the tail gate. Rear quarters need to be cut... but they're beat up on the bottom and cutting them would remove the damage and rust. DS rear fender well lip has been trimmed and welded shut PS needs to be finished. DS floor pan has been cut and replaced as has the PS rear wheel whell. Either the master cylinder or the booster need to be replaced as the "first pump" is spoft on the brakes. 3rds need to be rebuilt as they are the 3.73s and have 250K miles on them. With the .7 overdrive you can run 4.88s and still have great highway RPMs.

This is a great wheelin rig. I just don't have the time or desire to play anymore. We moved about 30 mins away from any wheelin and the truck is just sitting wanting a new home. I'd love for this to go to someone who will wheel it.

Thanks for looking, e~mail or PM me if you want more pictures. We are located in Christiansburg VA and would love to get rid of this before we move.

dobrothcw@hotmail.com

Last edited:
Some pictures

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03384.jpg

100_7118.jpg

100_7117.jpg

100_7116.jpg

100_7115.jpg

100_7107.jpg

100_7103.jpg

100_7106.jpg

100_7105.jpg

bump with some more pictures

100_7055.jpg

P9140048.jpg

did I mention that the 'mud sticker is one of the "exclusively land cruisers" sticker?

Bump for a great truck with ALL the parts for an ultimate weekend wagon:wrench::wrench::wrench:

No interest? What's the deal? Just moved into our first house and meeting the neighbors isn't going the best with 3 trucks in the front yard...

Anyone interested in the tranny and t-cases? I don't want to split them but if someone wants that I'd consider parting the rest of it out.

It'll drive onto your trailer by the end of september...

No interest? What's the deal? Just moved into our first house and meeting the neighbors isn't going the best with 3 trucks in the front yard...

Anyone interested in the tranny and t-cases? I don't want to split them but if someone wants that I'd consider parting the rest of it out.

It'll drive onto your trailer by the end of september...

What would you be asking for the tranny/transfer cases? Can you post some pics of the setup?

Thanks
Ex

$1800 from torque converter to 19-spline case.

I'll hunt some pics and try and get them posted up.

Chris

oh the neighbors are going to love having the 60 next to them without a drivetrain :grinpimp:

bk

oh the neighbors are going to love having the 60 next to them without a drivetrain :grinpimp:

bk

If there's no drivetrain it can't leak...

Come on someone buy this thing so I can get some skis.

Adaptertot-case.jpg

Readytogo.jpg

It's hard to get a picture of it under the truck... I'll keep working on it if someone is interested.

Last edited:
Bump? Winter project? anyone need the tranny and doubler set up for their rig? I'd be willing to split that out... I really need to get this out of here...

A great New Years resolution would be to buy this truck with the money Santa left under your tree and get it rolling for GSMTR...

Bump... it's still out here waiting on you....

bump for a great wheeling rig...Buy it from Chris today and wheel it at Coal Miner at the end of the week :grinpimp:

Really? no interest? Why not?

Bump! Someone make an offer on this monster. It is making me feel bad for not wheelin it

Having trouble with the wife's Subie, someone buy this thing so I can get her a new car....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom