8274 on an 80? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I spaced mine back about an inch, then trimmed the bumper and lower bar to fit.
8274fit.jpg

8274.jpg

Its a great winch and has freed me from some pretty good stucks.
stuck-1.jpg

Here is my rig. ARB Commercial bar/Warn 8274.

Before I mounted lights.
80pics015.jpg

After lights mounted.
80pics033.jpg

Some detail shots of the Commercial bumper fit. It will look better once I get the balls to remove the flares.
80pics038.jpg

80pics039.jpg

80pics040.jpg

Warn 8274 fits perfectly.
80pics037.jpg

80pics036.jpg

80pics035.jpg

80pics034.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
Where do you find that bumper? When I was looking all I ever saw was the winch or non winch. My dad has an 8274 on his jeep that he is gonna sell, if I had the bumper I think he would give it to me before he sold it. :idea:

I got it used a year or so ago and the guy I got it from had gotten it used a few years before. I think if you call ARB and prepay and are willing to wait. You can get one new. Jeff (whosthecoolguy) is in Canada and waited for his. Maybe he can post up the story of how he got his.

What's the primary diff between the two ARB bumpers? Is it the side wing tips or is the winch housing area different?

Thanks.

What's the primary diff between the two ARB bumpers? Is it the side wing tips or is the winch housing area different?

Thanks.

Mine is a little more narrow as it is designed for flareless rigs, the winch mounting area sticks a little further out, but a little higher to accomidate the 8274, the Deluxe has a big piece of metal on the bottom to cut down the approach angle and the Commercial doesn't. I know a guy with a Deluxe on his truck here in town. I'll try to do a side by side comparison.

Dave

Mine is a little more narrow as it is designed for flareless rigs, the winch mounting area sticks a little further out, but a little higher to accomidate the 8274, the Deluxe has a big piece of metal on the bottom to cut down the approach angle and the Commercial doesn't. I know a guy with a Deluxe on his truck here in town. I'll try to do a side by side comparison.

Dave

how's the pulling power of the 8274 on an 80?

how's the pulling power of the 8274 on an 80?

Just my opinion, but i feel with a snatch block and a tree you will have no problems with it. I have seen one bogg down when trying to pull a 80 up a hill and out of a mud hole. It kept pulling but reallllllly slow.

Just my opinion, but i feel with a snatch block and a tree you will have no problems with it. I have seen one bogg down when trying to pull a 80 up a hill and out of a mud hole. It kept pulling but reallllllly slow.

I figure those would have the pretty decent oompf, just knowing what they can do in the past rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom