For Sale ‘82 FJ40 Desmog parts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone need any of these parts? Not sure what works and what doesn’t. All original from my 2F engine

471F1316-7FDF-47E1-9230-B143C5E0182E.jpeg

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Believe it or not we are in the middle of moving during this COVD lockdown. I can’t get my 40 to run right since this stuff was removed so I’m now thinking I need to reinstall. I’ve got your contact info saved and the order y’all reached out so I’ll be in touch when I figure this out. If anyone can help me get to the bottom of why I’m having idle issues when it’s cold and sluggish performance when it’s cold then maybe I can get rid of this stuff. When it’s warm she runs great!

Hey guys. Sorry for the delay. Believe it or not we are in the middle of moving during this COVD lockdown. I can’t get my 40 to run right since this stuff was removed so I’m now thinking I need to reinstall. I’ve got your contact info saved and the order y’all reached out so I’ll be in touch when I figure this out. If anyone can help me get to the bottom of why I’m having idle issues when it’s cold and sluggish performance when it’s cold then maybe I can get rid of this stuff. When it’s warm she runs great!

I have heard of vacuum and intake/exhaust leaks created when it is cold. When it is warm, symptoms disappear as the metal and/gaskets expand. You can try spraying carb cleaner around the carb and intake when it is cold. If the engine idles up when sprayed, you have a leak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom