81 Pickup ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would be a fair price for a mint 81 pickup. I found one recently that is truly in great shape and the guy is asking $2800.00. If and when you see these in your neck of the woods what are they going for. I was thinking of offering him $2,000 and see where it goes. TIA.

Honestly, I never see them. And if I do, they are beat to hell.

If it is a 4x4, then you have somewhat of a collectable.

60k on the engine. The only thing is that it would probably be considered criminal by the Toy community if I wheeled it. I am not a huge fan of carb'd motors but you just don't come across old minis like this one that often. We will see what the :princess: says. She usually says why ask me you are gonna do what you are gonna do. :meh:

I love those trucks if its 4wd and in good shape then hell get it:bounce:
Usually in GA they are either beat to hell, the bed is rusted through, or they just aren't around
In primer and good running shape they are going for more than that here
"Son of the Landcruiser" I believe is how Toyota advertised it when it first came out
MMM...factory flared fenders..lifting it is cheap
Post up pics if you get her..please dont tell me its that sand/dune color!

My 1981 pick up...

You mean like mine in Atlanta? ;)

I love those trucks if its 4wd and in good shape then hell get it:bounce:
Usually in GA they are either beat to hell, the bed is rusted through, or they just aren't around
In primer and good running shape they are going for more than that here
"Son of the Landcruiser" I believe is how Toyota advertised it when it first came out
MMM...factory flared fenders..lifting it is cheap
Post up pics if you get her..please dont tell me its that sand/dune color!
PB110493small.jpg

You mean like mine in Atlanta? ;)

Way to rub it in;)
Whats the story on that one?

I own the 4WD School and am a co-owner of the Dirty Toy School.

I was looking for a Toyota trail truck for use in these classes. One of my business partners found the truck in Colorado and told me about it.

I bought it sight unseen and flew out to get it. I drove it home after enjoying the Cruise Moab event.

It's got original paint and no rust. :cheers:

I've spent a lot on it to regear the diffs and transfer case, add ARB lockers, longfields, power steering, new interior, Marlin 5 speed tranny, etc.

Its a cool little truck.
PB110491small.jpg
PB110481small.jpg

Last edited:
Oh the irony
I saw this truck in person today(you know where)
That thing is sweet!
The 1st gen minitrucks by far are my favorite from the oldschool 4wd emblems to the factory flaired fenders.
Yours is also my favorite color, wish my 60 was that color
Wanna say what you gave for it?
Just a guess that you have more in upgrades than what you gave for the whole rig
What gear/tire combo are you running?
I was wondering why you were running the tires you had on it at the shop, but the pic clears that up

Thanks for the compliment. It was good to meet you.

I paid $2,500 to buy it. And, spent another $24,000 upgrading it. There is a lot of money under the truck... Air lockers, longfields, new 5 speed, etc.

Its been regeared to 4.88:1 in the diffs and 4:1 in the transfer case. Crawl ratio is 76:1. Yet it runs nicely down the highway at 65 to 70 mph.

33"x10.5" BFG Mud Terrain tires. I'm having the wheels dechromed so the shop put rollers on it until I bring the wheels back.

I'm almost "done"...

Last edited:
Well, the wife says not now. In a couple of months if I found this deal it would be mine but she does not want me to blow our savings on a project. If my tax return money were already in the bank this would have been sitting in my drive way. Jukelmon pm'd me for info which I replied to so if he ends up getting the truck it would be nice to see it go to a mudder. It is hard to come across these and if he ends up getting it I only hope he posts detailed pics. It really is quite nice. Cheers.

Thanks for the compliment. It was good to meet you.

I paid $2,500 to buy it. And, spent another $24,000 upgrading it. There is a lot of money under the truck... Air lockers, longfields, new 5 speed, etc.

Its been regeared to 4.88:1 in the diffs and 4:1 in the transfer case. Crawl ratio is 76:1. Yet it runs nicely down the highway at 65 to 70 mph.

33"x10.5" BFG Mud Terrain tires. I'm having the wheels dechromed so the shop put rollers on it until I bring the wheels back.

I'm almost "done"...

Very nice truck. Has to be one of cleanest I have seen in a while. I am new here so just getting to know the place. I love the early 80's p/u. Nice choice on the trans Super low 1st gear. Great job looks good...

iv got an 83 thats identical to the one you have lucked into except for a little more rust. bought it from a guy i worked with for $1000. he was the original owner 295k when i got it i would take a bullet for that truck. what brand is that winch bumper been lookin for one like that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom