80 trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
So as i've basically stripped just about everything out of the carcass of my parts 80 I got to thinking about what to do with the rest. Originall i thought that i'd just throw all the body away except for the doors and fenders (which i'm keeping) and then just tuck the frame away for someone who needs one. Now i'm thinking a customer trailer should be made out of it.

Along the lines of this range rover one I saw on expo
One of a Kind RRC Trailer

What do you guys think. shouldn't be too hard. I think eventually I might trade out the frame for something lighter as well as the axles but it would be a cool, fairly cheap project for the time being.

Do it!
It will be unique - ive never seen a trailer made from an 80 series before

Would it be pulled by another 80 series?

ya, there was one around here.

There was a thread here recently on that concept with pics and photoshopping.

My concept that is in the daydream stage. Still working on an extended baseline/mini build.

Maybe next summer though.

Sorry about my photoshop skills.
trailer.jpg

Here is the thread with the pictures: https://forum.ih8mud.com/trailer-tech/468810-80-trailer.html - some good pictures/idea's.

I really wish I could do it, I think it is a great idea, with a lot of different cool ideas you could do to it. I think the best way to make it is to cut right behind the front doors, then use a piece of metal to weld it up shut, you could even make a door for access to the front of the trailer. I think it would be really cool if you could use a rear hatch from another wrecked 80 so that way you could have hatches on both sides but I think there would be fitting issues.

If I had the cash I would really like to do something like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom