80 Series stalling when clutch pressed in (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
G’day guys,
I’m the brand new owner of a 91 1HD 80 series LC, runs and drives great however I’ve run into a problem in my few hours of ownership.
Occasionally when put it into gear from a stop, when the clutch pedal is depressed the engine will switch off also immediately. No bogging, no signs of stuttering, no odd noises it just dies completely as if I’d switched it off. It especially likes to happen when I try reversing.
there is a squeaking sound I can hear in neutral that goes away the moment I put any pressure on the clutch.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much in advance!

G’day guys,
I’m the brand new owner of a 91 1HD 80 series LC, runs and drives great however I’ve run into a problem in my few hours of ownership.
Occasionally when put it into gear from a stop, when the clutch pedal is depressed the engine will switch off also immediately. No bogging, no signs of stuttering, no odd noises it just dies completely as if I’d switched it off. It especially likes to happen when I try reversing.
there is a squeaking sound I can hear in neutral that goes away the moment I put any pressure on the clutch.
Any thoughts?
Thanks so much in advance!
See if the clutch has a vacuum assist diaphragm that will help you in pressing the clutch. I'm not sure if this truck does or does not. If it does take off the vacuum line from the intake manifold and place a vacuum on the vacuum line and sit and wait for a full minute. Is see if the vacuum drops it should be quite significant and in possibly this case it may be abrupt. This will be like a large leak into the intake causing a severely lean mixture which will kill the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom