Registry 80 Series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello!

Hi folks.
1994 FJ80
194,000 miles
Factory lockers
stock for now...
Can't wait to start modifying it!!!
Lots of plans but I need to sell my Toyota mini truck to free up the funds.
I have been lurking for a while and allready have found some GREAT information!! Thanks!

Cheers,
Vance :beer:

1. Year and model: 1996 FZJ80
2. Name of owner: Wil (FlyingWil)
3. Name of rig: Unnamed at this point
4. Mileage: 97,000
5. Mods...if any: Just started build thread here... I've only had it a few weeks now.
6. How the truck is used: Not sure at this point, built to be an expedition vehicle that is built outside of the box.
7. Photo. again...small to save space
001.jpg
007.jpg

Last edited:
1996 fzj80

Year and model: 1996 FZJ80
Owner: Brad Ruff
Rig name: Gloria - large and grey like the hippo in the movie Madagascar
Mileage: 129,000 - when bought Sept 2009
Mods: little of this and a little of that - now have RTT
How Rig is used: Daily driver, camping
DSCN0358.jpg

Last edited:
maybe one of you guys can help me out, i was driving home from getting lunch and this guy was parked 10 doors down. Bought this house 4ish months ago and never seen it before:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6074/6153553584_831dbe44c7_b.jpg[\img]

would love to meet a local LC owner.

6153553584_831dbe44c7_b.jpg

hopefully the image works this time.

Heres my new 80!

Just picked this up a few days ago

Year and model: 1991 FJ-80
Owner: Ben Elmer
Rig name: None
Mileage: 180,000
Mods: Old Man Emu Lift, TJM Winch Bumper
How Rig is used: Soon to be daily driven
300266_1958485207079_1391220076_31661028_1327996186_n.jpg

My first post and check in. I have had a 96 FZJ80 LC since 2000. I picked it up because I am a Toyota guy and the Dodge van was a POS. I have had Toyotas for ever and six kids for 16 years so the van went and the LC was adopted from an old guy that drove it to the golf course and back. 27,000 on it and gave the guy $32,000 back then. Needed a starter about 8 years ago.
Fast forward to today and it has 101,000 + and barley any work done with the exception of the engine light/EGR crap. You over seas people are lucky to have the Diesels and RHD (sweet rigs). Now that the kids are all older and some moved out the LC sat and waited for a new face. I was going to get my wife a SXS Polaris RZR and decided to put the money into the LC instead. We are an off road motorcycling family and the wife does not ride a bike or a quad so, I called a company here in So Cal and she (the LC) is in for the new face lift as I type. I have been lurking on here for a while and decided to sign up.
I will post up the before and afters once she comes back from the shop.

1996/white/tan leather/no lockers, 101,000 now, called it the cruiser from day one, Gary and Elke,
soon to be, ARB front bumper/12,500 super winch/Kaymar rear with tire swing and jerry cans/sliders/TC bash guard/F,R ARB lockers/4" OME lift/brake lines/front drive shaft etc.

Thank you all for the inspiration to make it a true wheeler and not the Asphalt queen she has been. Will post agin when I get her back from the shop.

Howdy again! Ok, got the Cruiser back and she needs to have some new slippers because she looks a little funny. So here we go.
Owner: Gary and Elke
Rig name: "The Cruiser or The Tank"
Mileage: 102,000 had it since 27,000 in 2000
Mods: Old Man Emu 4" Lift/ 12.5 Super Winch ARB Frnt Bumper/f&r Air lockers/Kaymer rear w/tire/"soon" jerry cans bumper/Rock Sliders/Skid plate/"soon" 295/75/16
How Rig is used: used to be the kid mover and now weekend rumbler.
Before as the kid mover:
DSC07321.jpg

And now with the tires to small LOL:
DSC07451.jpg

Put the bigger tires on it and it looks good now.
DSC07463.jpg

Last edited:
My 80

Color: Night Shadow Pearl, Gray Interior
Mileage: 140K
Mods: Por Comp Wheels Powder Coated to Match Grey Trim, 33" BFG Mud KM2, 100 Series Front Pads
How Rig is used: DD For Now / Tow Jet skis
00000004.jpg
00000005.jpg
00000006.jpg

New guy with an 80

Hey all. New to the site, and to Land Cruisers. And to 4 wheel drives in general for that matter short of a couple old 'Yota trucks. I needed to find a used, tough, not-lame 7-passenger capable family hauler and also wanted a 4 wheel drive with a solid front axle (I just never liked how IFS handles off road), leather, AC, Airbags (to shut the wife up) and some tow capability. The list of qualified vehicles got pretty short, pretty quick. Soon, I ended up with this. Here's my (new to me) FZJ80. It started a cushy life as the commuting rig of some lawyer down here on Coronado island in San Diego for half its life, then the service manager of a local Toyota dealer had it till 150k... I got a folder full of service reciepts and OEM replacement part invoices, so it made for a comfortable service history and gave me a warm fuzzy on the higher mileage. :) Came with the window sticker even! The truck is totally sanitary under the hood, with no leaks, seeps or built up road grime. Probably never seen the dirt from the look of it. Till I got her, anyway.:grinpimp: No lockers, but I'll probably end up with an ARB or something in the rear. Not planning on any serious off roading past fire roads and whatnot, so I'll most likely leave the front axle alone. A tune-up kit and the LT MAF mod cleaned up the idle and got the mileage to a more reasonable 12mpg around town (it was barely around 10.5 for the first few tanks and waaay down on power). Past some slightly bigger tires once these wear out, the only other thing I'd like to do is beef up the brakes. I have a thing about good brakes on all my toys, and that "thing" usually works out to More is More. And I bought a TRD S/C kit, since it looks like they're getting hard to find and the stock motor is a bit weak in today's context and freeway pace. Hoping to get to that in the next week or so. The S/C was expensive, but considering how few vehicles meet all the requirements I had, and the well-documented longevity of the 80 series, I will have what I need for around $11K all in and the power will be comparable to any of the newer, softer rigs.

Color: Dark Gray, Gray leather interior.
Mileage: 156k highway miles and counting
Mods: LT MAF, TRD S/C (going in hopefully next weekend if work doesn't get in the way), Dakota Digital EGT/Boost guage.
How Rig is used: Tow/camping/kid and dog hauler.
Land Cruiser.jpg

this my friends lc80 we custom built its bumper, changed the engine from 3fe to 1hdt ,installed front mount intercooler, 3 inch lift ironman coils and ome shocks, manual tranny .
dnj9nc.jpg

24wyput.jpg

Owner: Scott and Marie
Mileage: 198000
Mods: OME Heavies, IPOR rear bumper with custom swing out, custom front with winch, rear storage, 7 pin, CDL, 3x locked with 35's and gun rack!
How Rig is used: Boat hauler and camper.
IMAG0037.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
IMAG0038.jpg

Year and model: 1993 HZJ80

Name of owner: Rob

Name of rig: Bitchpants Boris MkIII

Mileage: 280000km

Mods:
- DTS Turbo System
- Front mount intercooler
- Part time 4wd kit
- 35" Toyo Mud Terrain Tyres
- 3" long travel suspension lift
- 4.56 Diff Gears
- EGT gauge
- Stebel 'Nautilus' 300hz horn

How the truck is used: Daily driver and weekend warrior

IMG_2140s.jpg

Have the following ready to fit to it: ARB compressor, dual battery kit, HID inner headlights and many more

Purchased just 2 months ago from original owner (a very nice mother of two):

1995 FZJ 80
3x locked
7 Pin & Diff Lock Button Mod
OME 2.5"
36"/12.5/r16 SS TSL Radials
Polk Audio 6.5" all the way around

Otherwise Stock

Daily driver (10 mile commute)
Trail Master / ILUVMud :)
Flood Surfer / Rescue Vehicle

image-1751381140.jpg