80 series custom winch bar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all! Just after some advise and pointers. Going to be building myself a tube styled front bar. Only got two weekends to do it! My 80 has the factory winch and winch cradle so won’t be mounting the winch into the new bar. I’m planning on building off the factory cradle and boxing it in.
Has anyone done this? If so any advise would be much appreciated.
Thanks legends
Picture of my 80 and the style of bar I’m going to make
4C034BAB-BF1F-40F4-82F5-0108BB73738E.jpeg
C58243E7-2B5B-4F01-9C8C-6A920E5EBF5C.jpeg

Hey, I'm in NZ as well and had a local shop build a hybrid bumper off my design. Not sure what the factory cradle looks like, but my center section is boxed in using steel plate.

browse through the build thread and have a look, there was some progress shots of the bumper build

Builds - New Here. Freshly aquired low mileage FZJ81 + Build thread

img_20180903_153300_081-jpg.1780613

^^^ @synapse tube bumper is nice, and I am not a fan of tube units - that center section is sharp.

A few fill-in triangle plates / holes for the LED’s & that would be my fav bumper.

^^^ @synapse tube bumper is nice, and I am not a fan of tube units - that center section is sharp.

A few fill-in triangle plates / holes for the LED’s & that would be my fav bumper.

The open area? Eventually will build ducting to force air to radiator, larger trans cooler, and/or front mount intercooler(most likely going w2a though).

The open area? Eventually will build ducting to force air to radiator, larger trans cooler, and/or front mount intercooler(most likely going w2a though).

Oh heck - I take that back then. Diverter scoops for however you’re going to force air is bigtime > aesthetic steel plates that just guard from stick intrusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom