80 Series Adjustable Rear and Upper Links @ Metal Tech 4x4 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LT

Threads
We have finally come around to produce adjustable rear lower links with our offset bushing and rear upper links for the FZJ80 Land Cruiser. Since the 80 series Land Cruiser uses an 18mm bolt we did a special run of Johnny Joints that have the 18mm bolt hole for a direct bolt on. All of our links are cnc machined for the threads, powder coated and use a custom made Daystar polyurethane bushing on the fixed end. Our offset lower links and upper links can be adjusted out to compensate for guys with 4" and 6" lifts.

For the month of August we are going to be doing a special introductory price of $300 on the offset lower links till August 30th, 2013. Use the coupon code: 80 Link to receive $75 off your order.

Metal Tech FJ80 Offset Lower Links
745.jpg

Metal Tech FJ80 Rear Upper Links
746.jpg

Last edited:
Any way you could make a set of rear uppers with joints at both ends?

For $300 for a complete set I will order them right now but I would imagine that is just the lowers as it states. What is the price on the uppers?

Any way you could make a set of rear uppers with joints at both ends?

As of right now we are only offering the bushing/johnny joint combo. To machine both ends would have to be a one off the next time we send parts to machining.

What's the spec on the tubing?

Lowers are 1.75 x .290, uppers are 1.25 x .188 and the bushing shells are 2.25 x .25.

$300 for both upper and lower link set?

For $300 for a complete set I will order them right now but I would imagine that is just the lowers as it states. What is the price on the uppers?

yea, he would have my money right now for a complete set at $300

Sorry to say the $300 is just for lowers, we would loose money if we offered both for $300. The uppers are $250 which for the price for a CNC machined tube, custom Johnny Joint, powder coated and poly urethane bushings the price can't be beat.

Are you planning to offer just the 18mm Johnny Joints as a separate item?

Please educate me about the offset lowers. Why offset?

I'm assuming for better ground clearance... The offset won't do anything as far as the mechanics of the suspension...

Just toclarify, are the uppers on sale too or are they going to be $250 all of the time? I need uppers an lowers but can only afford one set for now and want to make sure I save the most money. Thanks for making these, almost ordered some Whiteline arms on Monday but didn't pull the trigger.

Please educate me about the offset lowers. Why offset?

I'm assuming for better ground clearance... The offset won't do anything as far as the mechanics of the suspension...

We originally did the offset bushing design of the FJC/4Runner due to the link mount being behind the axle. As full droop the link would contact the housing which limited the suspension travel. For the 80/100/200 the offset design makes it so the link provides a smooth transition while grinding on a rock or tree stump.

LC100-02.jpg

Just toclarify, are the uppers on sale too or are they going to be $250 all of the time? I need uppers an lowers but can only afford one set for now and want to make sure I save the most money. Thanks for making these, almost ordered some Whiteline arms on Monday but didn't pull the trigger.

Yes, retail on the uppers is $250 just like the 100 and FJC/4Runner.

How much longer then stock are these LCA's? My 6" Slee kit has my rear axel too far forward, I'd like to move it back an inch or two to center it in the wheel well.

Thanks!

Ammo

Ammo,

They are adjustable from stock to about 1/2" - 3/4". The Johnny Joint has a 3" long shank but you need about half or it threaded in for strength reasons.

Last edited:
In for a set... your add in 4WD Toyota Owners just worked...

1) Saw the add in magazine
2) Went to website to see the product
3) Came to MUD to check reviews
4) Found coupon code and was sold!

I was just talking about how I need to move my rear axle back a bit. This will work perfect with my Slee 4" kit which already has adjustable upper control arms.

Link to reviews?

How much longer then stock are these LCA's? My 6" Slee kit has my rear axel too far forward, I'd like to move it back an inch or two to center it in the wheel well.

Thanks!

Ammo

If you push the axle back that far then your rear driveshaft will be too short. (unless you already addressed that issue and picked a custom rear ds)

If you push the axle back that far then your rear driveshaft will be too short. (unless you already addressed that issue and picked a custom rear ds)

Yup been there done that. Already have lengthened LCA's from the Slee kit.

-A

LT,

What is the actual length of the new arm? , The rod length not including the bushings and adj portion of the Johnny joint.

Thanks,

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom