80 Series 1HD-T Swap AC Hose Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am trying to finish up my 1HD-T swap in my 1995 FZJ80. The original AC on the 1HD-T was R12 and obviously the FZJ was R134 which only matters because the fitting sizes are different btw the two set-ups.

I have the whole system in with all new main components and set for R134 and the only issue is that the two main hoses to the compressor are too short. I'm guessing that on the FZJ the AC compressor sits lower than on the HDT motor.

I am guessing that the AC hoses for an HDFT would work since that would have been an R134 system (correct fittings) and AC compressor would be in the same higher location as on the 1HDT. I'd love if anyone could confirm that.

That being said, the HDFT hoses seem to be NA anywhere I can find, at least by part number (88712-60580 Suction and 88711-60400 Discharge). For the American FZJ AC components I could get knock offs at Rock Auto, but the HDFT not being available here I'm struggling to find options.

Any ideas where I can source the AC hoses in the US? My Google-Fu is letting me down today.

have them made.

They will lop the old lines off and alumaweld new rubber crimp fittings. You can take a section of hose home, mark and cut to length and come back and have them crimped. The rubber has curves to it, so just get to a non kink comfort zone on length and marked them.
had this done here in Tucson this past month and cost maybe $40 per hose (i had compressor resealed, bought new suction plate, and fittings.

That is definitely an option. My problem is that I live in a rural area and finding a decent shop usually involves a 1+ hour drive each way. If there was a bolt on solution, I'd take it.

I've found 1 or 2 places overseas that have the Toyota Discharge hose (nothing on the suction), but at $200+ the long drive might be worth it.

Yeah, I am in the same position at the moments, inclining to have the AC lines custom made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom