80 purchase/locker question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys,

I've been searching for a new rig and have a lead on an 1994 80 with 106k miles for about $8000. The question(s) for me are: First, does this sound like a decent deal? Also, I would like to have lockers (or at least a locker), but I don't think this one has any. Is it better to spend more money on a higher mileage Cruiser (say, 160-200k) with a factory locker, or a lower mileage Cruiser and install like an ARB or something. :confused:

TIA - all opinions and help much appreciated!
:cheers:

Kevin
77 FJ40 2F

It all depends on what you want to do with it.

What shape its in, and about a zillion other variables that differ from individual to individual.

Welcome to 80 land. :flipoff2:

That sounds like an awesome deal, low mileage as well. I would go with low mileage and no locker, and spend a few $$ to add a rear locker latter. The low mileage is a big advantage. I had to settle for high mileage 160k and no locker for the same price $8,000. I just recently added front and rear lockers/gears for $2700

I very rarely use my lockers...mostly just to "exercise" them. I think I am the exception...living on flat land where these things live :flamingo:

whodat said:
I very rarely use my lockers...mostly just to "exercise" them. I think I am the exception...living on flat land where these things live :flamingo:

Ya but it feels good to have them. Doing this mod to my rig reminds me of when I was a little kid and was building up my BMX bike, I did everything to that bike-even learned how to weld(w/my dads help ofcourse) the frame together. In the end I probably didnt use most of the mods I did to that bike, but it felt good and to this date I still remember my cool ride that I took on some sweet jumps.:D

I think I've gotten as crazy with my cruiser that I did with my bike, except now its more expensive and I have a wife that yells at me for spending to much time on wrenching. :D Oh well its worth it.

I say its better to have lockers than not(at least I have to keep reminding myself of that with all the money I spent adding my ARBS) :D

Well, wouldn't you know it, as I called to the dealer to get more info, the lady told me it was sold already! (or perhaps she didn't want to bother with it over the phone...she didn't seem to look real hard...) Anyway, thanks for the help and advice on lockers.

Perhaps another, off topic question, but I started looking into 4runners, but have since took a fondness to the 80 series. I've got about $6-8k to spend...thoughts/opinions on where I might best put my $$???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom