80 or 100 ?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I have a 89 L/C now but need something with a smother ride. What would you guys suggest.

Is a smoother ride the only requirement you have for a Land Cruiser?

-B-

If you want smooth and mild offroading, then the 100 with rear locker.

If you want to do harder core stuff, or want something a little more utility wise, then the 80.

I think the advantages for the 80 are as follows, if you want to lift it, it's cheaper and easier to get 3 or 4 iches of lift out of it then the 100, it has a solid front axle which is stronger and better for serious offroading, and I think the body style has alittle more character to it. Now for the 100 series, the interior is far better, and more comfortable, the engine has more power and appears smoother, the ride is totaly smooth, although lifting it by replacing the torsion bars would most likely destroy the ride. Oh yah one more thing, the 80 has opional front and rear lockers from the factory were as the 100 only offered a rear locker for 98 and 99 then whent to a VSC system which may work better for people that just plan on going skiing and driving around town, so I guess both vehicles really excel in two different areas but both can do pretty much anything, if money is no object and lift kits and hardcore offroading are not in your future the 100 series is the hands down winner!

if yo stick to a 91 or 92 you can still be in the mighty 3FE club!! in all seriousness what do you want out of it? that is the determining factor.
Dave

Well I would like to get something that is better for my wife and 2 year old son to ride in. The 62 is not the most comfortalbe ride in the back seat. And yes I sure would miss the pure power of the 3fe. I dont do much off roading just like the L/C's. Thanks

You're not giving us a lot to go on so I'll say get a 100 and get the latest model you can afford.
-B-

If you are getting to do some serious off roading, I would consider the 80. But if you're looking for a nice ride and the ocasional off roading I would consider the 100. Depends on how your driving style. for example: 90% Road, 5% Off Road, 5% driving around associates, consider the 100. If more off road and looking for something a little more ruggid, go for an 80.

- My 2 Cents, Sammy

Sammy is on it.
find the nicest 100 or lx470 you can afford and go to town. if you really dont plan on wheeling it then the 100 wins hands down. not sure if ir relates to the 100 vs 470 but the lexus suspension is generally softer easier ride.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom