80 Front Bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's the light bar.
DSC02499.jpg
DSC02498.jpg
DSC02501.jpg

Looks great Matt! I really like how horizontally and vertically low profile it is! Are you going to have it powder coated?

Nice work.

So is there a grill in your future??:flipoff2:

Jack

Nice work.

So is there a grill in your future??:flipoff2:

Jack

I know right! haha, Im going to fix the one I made this week hopefully. Just need to figure out a way to get the chrome plating off it cause it looks weird when a rock chips it.

Nice work, how much to build one for my
80?

Dang, that thing is clean!! Maybe down the road sometime, but the :princess: said Ive been spending a lot of time in the garage lately, so I need to take a little break. :doh:

on the bright side, shes been begging me to take her fishing :clap:

Done done done!!

I tried to take the chrome off the grill... and that didnt work so well. :rolleyes:
So now Im waiting for one to arrive that I bought from a parts truck for $40
S7300293.jpg
S7300295.jpg
S7300297.jpg

Looks great Matt! Just curious: Did you weigh it?

Thanks guys!

Dan, I didnt get a chance to weigh it... Wish I did cause im kinda curious myself. It was a royal PITA dealing with the powder coat shop. They kept feeding me BS stories on why it wasnt getting done on time.

Awesome job. You really have a talent.

Jack

Yeah, it's been awesome watching your talent grow Matt. You should be proud.

looks great.. Nice job...

Skillz man! Skillz!
Came out BITCHIN! There are a LOT OF FOLKS, just on this board alone, who would pay a fair amount for a bumper like that.
Just sayin!!!:p

Very nice!

BTW, who did the powder coat???

BTW, who did the powder coat???

Advanced Powder Coat and Sand in sparks. They're the other half of Metal Masters....

I wont be doing business with them ever again cause their customer service is a complete joke. I had 4 different "it will be done for sure" times and it wasnt, and then I had to keep calling back when they said it would be done only to find out it wasnt. Not to mention the job they did had some flaws in it that should have been caught. Theres wrinkles on the light bar, and some spots inside the wings that they didnt even shoot with powder. The wrinkles werent bad enough for me to bring it up since I just wanted to get my bumper and leave.... I took some rustoleum to the missed spots on the inside so it wouldn't rust before I mounted it to the truck.

Ive had Altizer in Carson do a few things for me and they turned out great. They also had a 3-4 day turn around time. I only went to Advanced because I didnt have time to go to carson, and I thought they did a good job on my dads jeep bumper. They didnt miss any spots on his like they did mine.

The owner was so impressed with my dads jeep bumper that he gave my dad his business card and said if I wanted a job (full or part time) to come see him. Well, I did go see him, and called 3 different times leaving messages to call me back with his guys. He was "out at a meeting" and never returned my phone calls... So I guess that means he changed his mind.

Stepping off the soap box now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom