8 and 9.5 bolt paterns? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

no

they are different

Ok, thanks a lot Montocr.

Two other questions, is the internal diameter of both rings the same? I'm thinking of redrilling if that's th case. And what's the external diameter of the bearings on the 8 inch locker diff? Thanks a lot and best regards.

Max.

Are you thinking about putting a smaller (locking) diff into a bigger third member ?
I will try to take a couple measurements and some pics for you ;)

Well, there's sometimes cheap 8 ones on ebay! If the bearings are the same or close enough and i can fit the ring, i think it could be possible! I'm trying to review all the options before leaping into anything!

Thanks a lot!

Best regards.

Max.

Eight inch high pinion on ebay belgium ! Cheap for over here! Cable lockers cost 1200 euros apiece if ever i can find one! I've missed two 9.5 incher HDJ80 complete rear axles, one for 350 and one for 500 zoros. I'm after cable locking ones from Finland, they're dead cheap over there, but i don't speak the language and i 'm a bit afraid of the shipping costs too! I want lockers! I want lockers, i want lockers! And a PTO pump>hydraulic winch!

Thanks and best regards.

Max.

put the LSD in front and ARB the rear :D
(I don't think an 8" retrofit would be anywhere near cost-efficient, but I've been proven wrong before huh)
I'll have a look at my parts pile tomorrow ;)

denis said:
Are you thinking about putting a smaller (locking) diff into a bigger third member ?
I will try to take a couple measurements and some pics for you ;)

I am 90% sure that is not going to work the 8" is smaller all around and will not fit in the carrier, the carrier is smaller than the 9" one so that will not work either. Sorry :frown:

Anyone confirm for 100% ??

Michael

8" to 9.5" - No go

Being our resident gear guy (built over 4000) I can say that it will not work. They are of completely different design and nothing is interchangeable. The 9.5 locks the axleshaft to the case. THe 8" locks the case to the side gear. Just wait for the 9.5, or get an aftermarket unit.
Carl

jpg236.jpg

jpg177.jpg

jpg137.jpg

HINT, HINT,... first pic open centre in hj 75,,, second 80 series LSd in HJ75 ...hzj with locker :grinpimp:

That is a front 80 series carrier right? if so that is an 8.5" in a newer HJ75 front axle wich is also 8.5" correct? (figured it was newer because of the coil springs).

Michael

bigbrowndog, the third pic looks like a 78 or 79 series?

Dave

Yes thats the hzj truck they were from, was at the Brisbane auctions.I did not post the rear diff previous as the picture does not show much as I was unable to get down to actually see what I was photographing.Was a nice clean very low mileage truck.The other diffs are from my Hj truck.As you can see it had factory lockers front and rear. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom