7th Annual 100s in the Hills *July 26-30 2017* Silverton·CO·USA·EARTH (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We may have to rent a Tundra to tow our trailer up to Ouray! Last time we were there ((HIH4), the LC struggled on the big hills. I have since regeared, but with the trailer/camper and a 1.5 yr old and associated gear the load hasn't gotten any lighter!

076.JPG

Bought this after much debate on sleeping situation with the wife. Kind of fell in our lap. Only weighs about 1000 lbs with a very light tongue weight. Tip to tail it's about 13' long. I assume there will be room to set up at camp. Anyone towed a small fiberglass camper in the mountains with a 100? I hardly feel it at 600 ft above sea level, not sure about 9000'.

IMG_1313.JPG

Those Scamps are really cool- nice find. Looks to be in really good shape to.

I doubt you have any issues towing that. If you have a lift, you may need a drop or adjustable height hitch

IMG_0852.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG
You'll be fine. We pulled a fully loaded E1 pop up last year. Probably 2900ish lbs. and 500lbs on the tongue. Struggled on Vail and Monarch Pass a little, but was able to maintain about 50 mph. After this trip I switched rear springs to 864s so I wouldn't be so saggy bottom.

It's been a busy few weeks at HIH headquarters as Chris and I have been to a few events and ironed out some HIH7 details. We've also realized even more how important it is for HIH to be different than all the other events. One of the things that we continually see is raffles that devalue the products being given away. With a little more time and effort, we're aiming to ensure that the sponsors and vendors can donate quality products and those products will go to attendees that need those products.

It takes all of us to make that happen. We ask that you keep everything local and within the HIH community. That's the whole idea behind what we're doing. Bringing people together to celebrate family, friendship, adventure, community and the 100 series platform. There will be specific areas where you can drop your raffle ticket. Need a bumper? We have a bucket for that. Need a roof top tent? We have a bucket for that. We have a great idea to keep anticipation up and you will have a choice as to where your ticket goes. We also have tons of other items that are raffled away. Even if you don't win a bumper or roof rack or roof top tent, you'll still have the chance to win awesome stuff.

This does a few things....... most importantly, it ensures that someone doesn't win a $2000 bumper even though they already have bumpers from another company/vendor on their truck. The problem that we have is that the winning bumper ends up being sold or traded for way less than retail value. That devalues the product. Winning a large product that you need and really, really wanted to win evokes an excitement that is infectious. If you've been to HIH when a bumper is won by a family that has a stock 100, everyone is happy. The place goes nuts and it's just a cool feeling. That's what we're after. It's incredibly anti-climactic when the winner has everything he or she ever wanted on their 100. They were hoping to win an awning or a hammock and instead win a bumper. Now, 20 guys from the show are offering $500 for the bumper certificate. It's awkward and not in line with what we're after at 100s in the Hills.

We also ask that if you win something and decide you don't want it, please keep it within the HIH community. Don't post it up for sale on MUD a week later. Make sure it goes to another HIH member. That keeps the community tight and keeps the sponsors/vendors products going where they were intended to go. Some of you may say "I won it, I can do whatever I want with it", and we agree. It's yours to do what you choose. We're only trying to be different and build a community of friends. One of our vendors gave away bumpers at Cruise Moab that were won by someone who has more bumpers than Chris and I combined. He's now trading those two bumpers for one bumper from a different vendor for a different vehicle. So yes, the winner gets what he wants in the end, but it just doesn't feel right.

If this philosophy of community, family, friends and loyalty is something you agree with, HIH is for you. When you leave Silverton, we want you and your family to say that HIH7 was the best event you've ever been to. Not by just a little bit...... but, we want you to say that there's 100s in the Hills, then there's everything else.

This is a good idea...but I need everything! LOL

Those Scamps are really cool- nice find. Looks to be in really good shape to.

I doubt you have any issues towing that. If you have a lift, you may need a drop or adjustable height hitch

Yep, it's an 81. Basically all original and in great shape. I used a little trick I read about on some RV forums and sealed the outside with a floor sealant from Home Depot. Looks great and everyone says it lasts forever. Great trick if you have an old, chalky gel coat.

My cousin posted pictures of snow on the ground in Colorado the other day! I really don't want any precipitation
This is a good idea...but I need everything! LOL

I forgot...each person paid for gets a raffle ticket! Now I need to remember if I paid for two or three tickets...

Did we ever get to see the sticker design or anything? Or official logo?

A couple quick announcements from Land Shark Outfitters (i.e., me, my wife, and the 2 helpers) about HIH 2017...

LSO-HIH-2017-for-black-bkgrd.png

Not only are we throwing a prize into the raffle, but I will be guzzling enough gas on the way there from Bend, Oregon that I figure a small trailer won't make it any worse. I am offering anyone interested in a set of drawers FREE DELIVERY to the event, saving you $140. If there's at least a couple folks interested, I'll rent a one-way trailer from U-haul and do the delivery Th or so (still finalizing plans).

Also, myself and the world's best drawer customers will be getting together to check out our installs, and will help you install them right there in camp, at the tentatively-named 'KISS My Drawers party' ;) Just imagine, you drive there jammed to the gills, and you cruise home in organizational bliss...

kiss-stuffed.jpg

AND for anyone thirsty I'll be bringing Deschutes Brewery beer

Deschutes_medals_gabf.jpg

AND all customers will get a 3-4" laser-etched stainless steel badge to attach to their drawers:

LSO-HIH-2017-badge.png

To order the drawers for delivery at the event simply select the option in the dropdown box here: Land Shark Outfitters.

If you are an existing customer and able to attend the get-together, please email or pm me so I can get a headcount.

Finally, for those just drawer-curious I will be happy to show them off any time other than on Black Bear Pass...

Last edited:
A couple quick announcements from Land Shark Outfitters (i.e., me, my wife, and the 2 helpers) about HIH 2017...

View attachment 1464529

Not only are we throwing a prize into the raffle, but I will be guzzling enough gas on the way there from Bend, Oregon that I figure a small trailer won't make it any worse. I am offering anyone interested in a set of drawers FREE DELIVERY to the event, saving you $140. If there's at least a couple folks interested, I'll rent a one-way trailer from U-haul and do the delivery Th or so (still finalizing plans).

View attachment 1464531

Myself and the world's best drawer customers will be getting together to check out our installs, and will help you install them right there in camp, at the tentatively-named 'KISS My Drawers party' ;) Just imagine, you drive there jammed to the gills, and you cruise home in organizational bliss...

View attachment 1464532

Thats a good deal. I'll be there any happy to show my install for anyone wanting ideas.

View attachment 1464533

AND all customers will get a 3-4" laser-etched stainless steel badge to attach to their drawers:

View attachment 1464544

To order the drawers for delivery at the event simply select the option in the dropdown box here: Land Shark Outfitters.

If you are an existing customer and able to attend the get-together, please email or pm me so I can get a headcount.

Finally, for those just drawer-curious i will be happy to show them off any time other than on Black Bear Pass...
See you all soon,
Dave

I'll be there with my "drawers". Happy to show my install for anyone wanting to see the finished product.

Those Land Shark drawers look great. I can't wait to see them in person. If I didn't use my third row seats all the time hauling kids, cousins, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, etc., I'd be up for it.

View attachment 1464529

View attachment 1464531

Myself and the world's best drawer customers will be getting together to check out our installs, and will help you install them right there in camp, at the tentatively-named 'KISS My Drawers party' ;) Just imagine, you drive there jammed to the gills, and you cruise home in organizational bliss...

View attachment 1464532

View attachment 1464533

View attachment 1464544

Finally, for those just drawer-curious I will be happy to show them off any time other than on Black Bear Pass...
See you all soon,
Dave

Cool Dave. Thanks for the support.....Badge and logo look sweet too....love the creativity.

thinking about staying around colorado after hih7, anyone stayed in warming huts is colorado?

Hi all,

Trying to do my planning now. I'll be driving from South Texas and was throwing around the idea of picking up an RV rental from Durango on my way to Kendal. Will there be room to park an RV? or all primitive camping where we will be? I plan to pick up smallest size I can get. Sorry if this was already asked.

Thanks,
I will be renting a Rpod in Durango which is their smallest one. The owner did say that the 100 might struggle the climb to Silverton so he suggested not to load the camper with water. Is there a place in silverton where I can fill up the camper with water though?

I will be renting a Rpod in Durango which is their smallest one. The owner did say that the 100 might struggle the climb to Silverton so he suggested not to load the camper with water. Is there a place in silverton where I can fill up the camper with water though?

I'd contact a local RV place (google search) and see what they may have available. We aren't local to Silverton so unfortunately you will have to check it out. Hope you find something. Thx

There are multiple RV resorts in the area. We will actually be plumbing into the water source at Kendall for the shower trailers, so you could probably even fill up at camp.

These three are walking distance to where we will be.

Home
Silverton, Colorado RV Park & Jeep Rentals ~ Silver Summit RV Park
Silverton, CO RV Park, Resort & Tent Camp : Silverton Lakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom