79 Top half on my 71 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UltraFJ40

ที่นี่และมี
SILVER Star
Threads
Heres the situation: I have a 71 and a 79 FJ40. My 71 has had extensive work done to the engine and lower half (body and frame). My top (71) still needs to be completely rebuilt! My lift gate is rusted through on the bottom edge too.

The 79 lived in New England most of its life. Yeah it's rusted to hell and back. Its only the bottom half thats rusted though, the frame is in ok shape, but the tub looks like swiss cheese.

I thought about taking the hood, windshield frame, top and doors (side and rear) and swapping them onto my 71 so I would have a complete cruiser with a hard top until I finished the other work needed to get both of them complete (maybe a year or so).

It would be sweet to have a four speed and the 2F but I can live with the 3 spd for now.

Do any of you know if these parts will or will not fit? I'd hate to waste a ton of time swapping the out only to find it was never going to work!

Thanks,

Doug M.

the door stickers a different and you need to drill holes but all of it will swap easy :cheers:

Thanks Steve, I will do that. Right now I plan on doing it aver on Radio Rd at one of our storage yards. I have access to an enclosed garage and hope it can be done pretty quickly.

I'll give you a buzz once I know when I'm taking the 79 over there.

Thanks again,

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom