79 Dyna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wasn't sure where to post this so I thought "mini truck" was about the closet thing to mini dump truck.

A friend of mine found this rig in Southern Iowa. It might be a 1976, can't remember what he said. Anyway, he got it up and running earlier this summer and uses it as his daily work vehicle for his arborist business. He was also a pro bike racer, thus the Bikes and Trees on the logo. We used it yesterday to haul a bunch of dirt and I was impressed by how much power the little 4 cylinder had, along with the ability to easily dump a completely full load. The dump bed runs off a PTO. The engine is a petrol 5R..I had never heard of it. Found out they use a propane powered 5R in forklifts. Anyone know if parts like the alternator, starter, etc., would be interchangeable? Next time I see him I will grab a photo of the motor. Just thought you all might like to see it. Cheers.

PS. He is looking for a windshield if anyone has ideas on where to source one.

Dyna Front.JPG

Dyna Side.JPG

Dyna Vin.jpg

THAT is a cool truck. I'm envisioning it without the dump bed; replaced with a lighter, stationary flatbed... which would be the base for a killer camper. That could be a rad little overland truck.

Man, that is cool. I suspect you will find a bunch of folks scratching their heads on this one. I will toss out one resource to look up parts. I was able to find a European spec RU20L-MRBT at 7Zap. You can look up parts there and hope/pray/wish/dream you might find something available. If the 5R was used domestically in fork lifts you might stand a chance.

Yes, Toyota forklifts use the 5R motor. I talked to the local Toyota forklift company about it a while ago but they were basically, well, clueless. Like most things today, it didn't just pop up on the computer screen and the easiest answer from there is "No". Requires the lease amount of work. I'll send the 7Zap info along, thanks!

I am knee deep in a timing chain replacement ( yep, the plastic guide disintegrated into the oil pan), along with "why not as long as you are in there" stuff on my 94 22re. I've never gone this deep on a 22re before, it has been a good learning opportunity. If I was smart I would have scrolled down past the cruiser sections long ago...haha!

22re1.JPG
22re2.JPG

Yes, Toyota forklifts use the 5R motor. I talked to the local Toyota forklift company about it a while ago but they were basically, well, clueless. Like most things today, it didn't just pop up on the computer screen and the easiest answer from there is "No". Requires the lease amount of work. I'll send the 7Zap info along, thanks!

I am knee deep in a timing chain replacement ( yep, the plastic guide disintegrated into the oil pan), along with "why not as long as you are in there" stuff on my 94 22re. I've never gone this deep on a 22re before, it has been a good learning opportunity. If I was smart I would have scrolled down past the cruiser sections long ago...haha!
Are you running a D3 oil filter? Nice job.

Yes, D3. I don't know if it makes a difference but I like the deeper filter element than the D1. I recently got a tune up kit for my FJ60 from CCOT and I thought it was funny the kit included the D3 filter, it would fit, but way smaller than the 41010 I like to use.

Yes, D3. I don't know if it makes a difference but I like the deeper filter element than the D1. I recently got a tune up kit for my FJ60 from CCOT and I thought it was funny the kit included the D3 filter, it would fit, but way smaller than the 41010 I like to use.
The 41010 superceds to the D3. I went to buy a D1 filter and the dealer gave me G2. Seems they interchange. The G2 is USA, where the D1 is Denso Thailand. I Have a case of D3's for my 2FE and my 22RE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom