Wanted 78 Front splash guard (Found one) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DSB345

SILVER Star
Threads
I need a 1978 fj40 front splash guard in good condition. The one that goes under the radiator support and crank pulley.
Dave

I have several,new and genuine, 89 usd.
Please PM me if you are interested.

IMG-20170617-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20170617-WA0005.jpeg

Those are for the newer version. The 78 is still the old boxy style.

Dave, virtually every one I’ve seen for years now has both the ears broken off. I just take it as par for the course and weld plate washers to the shield that will outlast the sheetmetal.

If that works for you, @Redgrrr has a friend outside of Rapid City that looked pretty clean to me, minus the broken ears.

We had one that we did but it doesn't fit that's why I'm looking for another since your out of town. The tabs line up but its too short to reach the support bracket.

Dave, virtually every one I’ve seen for years now has both the ears broken off. I just take it as par for the course and weld plate washers to the shield that will outlast the sheetmetal.

If that works for you, @Redgrrr has a friend outside of Rapid City that looked pretty clean to me, minus the broken ears.

Will a 79 work as well?

Will a 79 work as well?

Dave.

IIRC the shield changed to the one diesel posted in ‘79, which is why @SW20 would be interested in it. It bolts to the underside of the frame. You would have to drill all the holes to mount it, but it’s nice because it is not held captive by the core support.

@65swb45 This is what I had. The black one is what we powdercoated. The original has a dent in it and one of the tabs is broken off.

20180611_184807.jpg
20180611_184813.jpg
20180611_184939.jpg
20180611_184948.jpg

20180611_184807.jpg

Hmmm. I guess I just learned something new. Apparently somehow I have managed to miss out on ever seeing a 78 splash shield before.

I still have some new oem 51441-60013 shields (as on my pictures above) - 95 USD each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom