78 "B" Diesel glow plugs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 78 BJ with a "B" diesel. I have questions on the glow plugs numbers, I took out 3 NGK Y-128 8VOLT AND 1 JKC 125L
which ones are the right ones the search does not really spell out the "B" engine.
Can the 3b glow plugs replace these?

a 1978 B out of a BJ40, for example, is a 24V unit with a slow glow system. You require the 20.5V glow plugs (a la 3B from a BJ42 with 24V) you need to replace all of them at the same time. 8V glow plugs will simply NOT work in your B.

a 1978 B out of a BJ40, for example, is a 24V unit with a slow glow system. You require the 20.5V glow plugs (a la 3B from a BJ42 with 24V) you need to replace all of them at the same time. 8V glow plugs will simply NOT work in your B.

not true.....not all 78 bj40's are 24volt.......mine for example

For whatever it's worth, I changed the glow plugs out my "B" motor (12 volt unit) last month. The numbers on the glow plugs are as follows: 10.5V U7E3.

OK OK I forgot to say that this was a 12volt south Amercian BJ40.

brmFJ43 What brand of glow plugs are those 10.5v U7E3 That you posted

And the guys at napa don't know s#@T if it's not in the book they won't even try.

6v glow plugs

I was looking on ebay and found 4- 6 volt glow plugs for the "B' diesel by beck arnly for $24 since my system is push button right off the fuse box with no resitors to knock down the voltage would these burn right out ? I am thinkin the would not last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom