Builds 76 Fj40 Face Lift (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Out of curiosity only…. What made you decide to place the screws on the right side. Tach looks great regardless. Are you mounting it where the headlamp switch would have been?

Going to the “way back machine”. Yes, all of 2.0 switches were reoriented. See pic.

As I recall the discussion. The Aq panels are significantly thicker than the 16ga steel on an OE cab. When oriented with the mounting hole outboard, one of the mounting holes would have been into a panel. You can see from the pic how close it sits to gauge cluster and how close it is to the outside of the dash. I don’t think you’ll run into that on you OE dash.

1714044145352.jpeg

Going to the “way back machine”. Yes, all of 2.0 switches were reoriented. See pic.

As I recall the discussion. The Aq panels are significantly thicker than the 16ga steel on an OE cab. When oriented with the mounting hole outboard, one of the mounting holes would have been into a panel. You can see from the pic how close it sits to gauge cluster and how close it is to the outside of the dash. I don’t think you’ll run into that on you OE dash.

View attachment 3616105
Spot on, the extra thickness on the material makes for a pretty stout tub but also causes some “gotchas”.

The smalls pile is getting smaller.

Front bumper work yesterday. Retaining some of 1.0 with a new look. More to follow.

1BA56EA8-1FD1-4BA7-9EA2-DE70A83C54C9.jpeg

It is a very substantial gauge mount and impressive quality. I did place it over the stock headlamp switch and there is a bit more space between the mount and existing dash

Why do I feel the urge to stroke these parts and say ‘my precious’? :rofl:

You should see them in the wild. I have an uncontrollable urge to put my finger prints all over it.

It is a very substantial gauge mount and impressive quality. I did place it over the stock headlamp switch and there is a bit more space between the mount and existing dash

Just a heads up. 2.0 Headlight switch was located to the left of the steering wheel. If your headlight switch is in the same location, you may need a “jumper” section of wiring to allow for the move over to the right. I think @Coolerman was the go to source.

Windshield is mounted..

The hood is on deck. Just about ready to wrap this phase up.

00541E82-6C28-4351-8358-565BD26A56F5.jpeg

99ACB771-9880-4D4B-B00E-A14D63BCFB15.jpeg

09EF1C53-C7DE-4739-8A4B-4666BFD92852.jpeg

Spent some time with “JR the Younger” at the upholstery shop. Kicking ideas around over a chocolate 🍩. Different stitching, piping, bead and seams were all reviewed. 2.0 retains the YOTA center console complete with the Con Fer storage console. . Using the armrest pad as a test mule 👈, he worked up different example’s as a visual aid.

2nd pic from the original pleated armrest cover. 3rd pic, sew down seam sans pleats. Also, worked up a couple of ideas on the door cards, COA TBD.

The MGV material I selected is in the shop and ready. Went the with the “tone on tone” look and I think it’s going to work out very well. I’ll see if I can get them to work up a small sample patch as a ref.

4068E9E0-0508-401D-9591-2CA94A716FD9.jpeg

69BE358E-C1B7-4476-AE7B-46AF32D47945.jpeg

C90749BC-DF0A-4AC3-9BAA-9C5318BEE516.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom