75 instrument cluster harness pics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.octagonmma.com
Corona has me finishing every project i have at home......Forcing the 75 SBC resto-mod alive.....working on the gauge cluster illumination, so I checked for power. I have engine mostly plumbed and wired up and AMP meter is hot as is the fuse block. There are two unused spade connector on fuse block side that I cannot figure out where they go. I peeked behind the cluster and none of the gauges have ring terminal wires connected or even present. Round connector is there and it is ign on hot. No illumination still etc... Light switch switches on hot with ign on power when pulled but no lights with key off, nor does the knob bulb illuminate. I assume turn signals indicators would not function without those lamps being present on vehicle. Does anyone have a picture of a complete 75 cluster showing all wiring from the back? Trying to make sense of wiring diagrams and I literally have no idea…

Last edited:
The turn signals will work without the indicators. My nighttime cluster lights are really weak, so it is hard to tell if they are working. IIRC, the two unused spade connectors are normal. The only ring terminal hookup is for the ammeter.

Thanks for the response. Allow me to add today that I turned on the headlights and they DIM with the LIGHTS control knob as the instrument cluster should dim by rotating that knob. Bizarre. Anyone have that happen before?! Without the rest of the gauge wiring present I’m at a loss. I have to look at round cluster terminal in manual to see what is fed electricity. Obviously each gauge post connects to a sending unit, and the other post must be a ground. I’m looking for a picture of what plastic connectors are back there as I have 1-2 harness connections that are unused and no idea where they go.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom