Builds 73 series wheeler project (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to this amazing community the crawler is back on the road , @orangefj45 hooked me up with a set of nos Nitro axles that are going to be my spares now because @Delancy hooked me up with his nos oem shaft that is cryo treated and machined to deal with the problem of the twisting splines. The window in the axle is weld shut again and hopefully I will get another 3 years out of this shaft
A00ECC9C-FD79-4ABB-8A3A-D18F0E81B94F.jpeg
54D988FE-F6E4-43B3-85C2-3306396CC725.jpeg
C9BCF736-345A-4222-B629-AA1E195DED3C.jpeg

Just got back from another great Southern Cruiser Crawl , if you haven't made it to the Cottanland Cruiser clubs event you should !

No broken axle shafts this time but while wrestling "Vertical Challenge" which seem to be my nemesis the 1HZ started running on oil after some oil got sucked in the intake and the engine went out of control , luckily I could slam it in 5th gear , foot on the brakes and dumped the clutch and got it stalled . We winched it down as it was sitting on a very steep angle jammed in between some big rocks , removed the glow lugs and bumped the starter a few times to get any oil out of the cilinders , after this it fired right up again and we continued driving it back , only with a toyota diesel right ;)

I do feel however that it is time for a upgrade and main reasons are that I would prefer a auto for this kind of wheeling and the 80 series axle housings do not hold up very well with this kind of stuff so it is time for either some custom axles or go the heavy iron D60/14 bolt way combined with a LS TH350 and maybe upgrade the 40" stickies to 43"s

or go the heavy iron D60/14 bolt way combined with a LS TH350 and maybe upgrade the 40" stickies to 43"s

sacrilege .. !!!!!!!! :bang::bang:

The unthinkable has just happened .....it's for sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom