73/74 Aftermarket Soft top,I found one.What do you think of it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Softop is finally here and on my 73
IMG_8435.JPG
IMG_8437.JPG
IMG_8438.JPG

I love the way it looks on your cruiser. If I ordered one in black, I would personally ask for the buttons to be black also if possible.

Took the sides out today and rolled the back up, about to leave to the TLCA meeting in Dallas about 70 miles each way at 75/80 mph, curious on how it will hold up like this and what the noise level will be ;)

IMG_8687.JPG
IMG_8688.JPG
IMG_8689.JPG

What's the word on reproducing this bad boy? Willing to chip in for R&D

Holy cow, that's hot. Kurt/Onur - is that secondary rear ragtop rollbar available?
That rolbar is more common in European FRP models but not all models have it.

What's the word on reproducing this bad boy? Willing to chip in for R&D

Right now I am still to busy and with summer running at it's end I will not do anything for this at this moment, hoping that thinghs slow down a bit this winter so I can focus on it.

Joe

The soft top performed flawles at 85 mph and I could not hear a single noise of it.......over the noise of my 35' BFG KM2's

IMG_8692.JPG

The 70 series present at our local tlsc meeting yesterday

That top is just awesome....I seriously hope you can reproduce it.

Interesting!I want this one for my BJ70 soft top! My one is made by the after-market of Japan!

Interesting!I want this one for my BJ70 soft top! My one is made by the after-market of Japan!

I don't see this happening ,replicating it for the 73/74 model is one thing but trying to change the dimensions is something I am not comfortable with.Maybe if someone who does upholstery and tops for a living get's involved that might change things.

The cost will be a lot higher then just getting a new oem replacement top if you have a oem soft top truck.

Joe

I uploaded my 70 pic! :) Someone said it bought from the aftermarket at Japan! The quality is good!
I have interest to get one which do not need the hard frame at rear and colour is black!

IMG_3125.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Joe...right now it is the perfect weather for soft top (or topless).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom