70 series: what to do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Options I am looking at:

Lose it and forever regret it. I wish I had of kept my FJ73 with the 1HZ conversion. Admittedly my work list was a fair bit shorter because I had done it all when I sold it.
Draw up a 5 year plan and rebuild it. You will be able to get VDJ7* cheap as chips soon, but whatch how the prices of mwb and swb going up now.

Part of your requirement was "for 4 people". A 73 won't do that for you comfortably.

I think the down under models had the rear seat moved back 100mm. I've had 3x17 yo basketballers in there and I sat in there a few times myself. Quite comfy for 2 IMO.

f606IMK.jpg

The 73 goes very well so for now I will just continue to tidy it up.

Lose it and forever regret it. I wish I had of kept my FJ73 with the 1HZ conversion. Admittedly my work list was a fair bit shorter because I had done it all when I sold it.
Draw up a 5 year plan and rebuild it. You will be able to get VDJ7* cheap as chips soon, but whatch how the prices of mwb and swb going up now.

I think the down under models had the rear seat moved back 100mm. I've had 3x17 yo basketballers in there and I sat in there a few times myself. Quite comfy for 2 IMO.

Hello,

x2.

73 Series make great project rigs. They are great stuff/grocery haulers and off-road wheelers as well.

For some reason, JDM Cruisers have the rear seat installed almost on the floor, at the expense of leg room. There is some clearance between the seat and the floor, some 60 mm, in rest of world models. Maybe because the Japanese are shorter? I do not know.

This difference in mounting moves back the rear seat some 100 mm. Mid wheel base Cruisers benefit the most from this setup in my opinion.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom