70 Series styled like a 40 (1 Viewer)

I ran across this the other day. Is this a one-off or was there actually a production version?

HZJ40a.jpg

divemedic

SILVER Star
Flex is partially known for custom creations like this. Similarly they made a 100 series with 60 series acutriments.

Factory built Toyota PX10, about 50 units were made according to a recent conversation with Sadayoshi Koyari, chief Toyota engineer. It's essentially an HZJ73 with a different body.

Why would Toyota build them? It means retooling the assembly line which normally costs $200 million. Why doesn't it have a proper Landcruiser alpha numeral code?
Its more likely it was a Toyota dealer who paid someone to modify them as some Toyota dealers have done in the past.

For 50 units, it wouldn’t have been an assembly line model. Think of all the concept vehicles that are made.

Because it’s super rad? That’s my guess.

And why don't they have the Landcruiser designation? Everything else on the Landcruiser/Prado platform has the letter J . And no engine code.
It sounds more dealer inspired , like the dual cab and extended cab 75 series we had in Australia and the 327ci powered 40 series from some dealers in the US.
It doesn't make sense that Toyota would build them.

Onur

52122-60140
GOLD Star
My understanding is that the PX10 was a combined design study as well as commissioned vehicle post study by either the JDF or the Japanese police services. Not sure which and it's been awhile since I recall reading about the PX10 ... Or was it a conversation. Foggy memory these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom