For Sale 70 Series Diesel Turbo Airbox w/FZJ80 lid + Safari Snorkel Adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I have for sale a stock air box out of 91 77 series, but should be identical to other 70 series similar models. In addition a FZJ80 lid that is less restrictive then the stock one. I have modified it by fabricating a 3.5" elbow down towards the turbo, with a section of 3.5" down pipe that has a 3/4" bung for return from a catch can. The down pipe should line up with any stock 1HZ-T or 1HDT/FT turbo, you will need a 2.5 to 3.5 silicon reducer attached to the stock elbow coming out of the turbo as shown in the picture, I am not including that. I also have the Safari snorkel adapter by Odd Iron Pig offroad. This setup is a big improvement over stock, although I felt it was still restrictive and went with a custom airbox instead. Located in San Diego, $150 for all plus the ride.

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Oh yea and it comes with almost new air filter

bump

Hi Loober cam here from Queensland Australia obviously to far to post your air box but I’m currently turboing a 1hz have a big snorkel and am thinking best bang for buck would b bigger intake to air box and petrol lid similar to what you have done did yours loose any power down low or make the turbo spool quicker drop egt any after your personal experience with this in only running 10 psi but want to make it work as good as can with no negitve drawbacks I can c the big lid possibly slowing air speed and u might loose pick up from low idle how did yours go particularly with the lid being bigger than the intake reguards cam

Not sure exactly what you mean about power loss with this versus a stock setup, this just increases the pathway's over stock and helps deliver air to the engine reducing restrictions. I did not notice any negatives, at the same time I did not notice huge gains either. The stock design is restrictive in general especially when running a turbo which is why I switched to an entirely different box from a chevy, where I did notice improvements, but that required quite a bit of custom work to make fit, this is an easy way to improve upon what you have now.

Thanks what I was getting at the same air volume passing through a smaller pipe will increase pressures and thus increase air speed for the same cfm delivery which could negatively impact spool time higher aft until aprox 1500 rpm not a big deal and I think the all the pros far outweigh any cons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom