69 running rough; stalls at 20 mph?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was going by their website- they call it the idle adjustment screw.

Yes that’s to adjust the idle air/fuel mixture. Turning it should produce some change but if timing is off, idle too low or high, etc., it may not do anything. The screw to adjust the engine idle (opens the carb butterfly) is on the firewall side of the carb, facing up but angled slightly toward the brake master cylinder.

The idle adjustment screw is hard to see because it is obscured by all of the linkage. Moreover, once you find it, it can be rather challenging to get a screwdriver on it. If you have a timing light with a tach, it might be useful to have it hooked up, so that you can monitor. I believe you are shooting for about 600 rpm on a warm engine.

Yes that’s to adjust the idle air/fuel mixture. Turning it should produce some change but if timing is off, idle too low or high, etc., it may not do anything. The screw to adjust the engine idle (opens the carb butterfly) is on the firewall side of the carb, facing up but angled slightly toward the brake master cylinder.
Well that got er! Running like a top again. Thanks MUD- you led this horse to water and made me drink! Every day is a learning experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom