For Sale 69 FJ40 in Los Angeles (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

For sale is my pride and joy, it has taken me everywhere I've asked it to go and has only complained a couple of times over the years!:D

P1030294.JPG

I have it on craigslist for $8500

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/2564542209.htm

Check it out and let me know if I'm in the ball park, I think it's reasonable but I might be biased too...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62411119@N06/5998897875/in/set-72157627333873534/
P1030294.jpg
P1030297.jpg

Last edited:
Here is another shot when it had the oem rims.
FJ40 on the hill.jpg

To the top

Last year when it had oem wheels, it now has white spoke wheels
FJ40 Somewhere in AZ.jpg

Weekend bump...

...for a nice Cruiser...

Still for sale

Slightly modified for exploring while keeping the classic stock look.
Custom rear bumper tire carrier/built in air tank, 3 gas can holder, shovel mount, ice chest rack
Rear lockRight locker
And more, check the link at the top of the page

How about $8000 obo

Any interest out there? :steer:

I think your price is not far off - but you know the story - no buyers. Hang in there.

I say do what you can to keep it. Looks like a great rig and will probably last you another 20 years or more. There aren't many things you can say that about these days.

Hey tglaser,

Yeah I've been monitoring other Cruisers in good shape for sale and nothing is really moving lately. I need the money but at the same time I don't want to give away for peanuts. Cool truck and lots of memories. If the right person doesn't come along (ie with cash) :) I'm definitely keeping it. You have no idea what a hard decision it was to put it up for sale...
Btw I have been checking out your trip report on expeditionportal for a while now, good trip and good story.
Cheers,
Morgan

Hey tglaser,

Yeah I've been monitoring other Cruisers in good shape for sale and nothing is really moving lately. I need the money but at the same time I don't want to give away for peanuts. Cool truck and lots of memories. If the right person doesn't come along (ie with cash) :) I'm definitely keeping it. You have no idea what a hard decision it was to put it up for sale...
Btw I have been checking out your trip report on expeditionportal for a while now, good trip and good story.
Cheers,
Morgan

dont go cheaper than what you think its worth. Your right nothing is moving right now especially old cars. Right now in this economy an old car is not a neccesity vs a newer one. Your rig is awesome man keep it.

On that note there are some really desperate people right now that are letting go of their 40s for super cheap a running rig for 2k and a really nice rig for 4k nice as yours. Even the full restoration ones are not fetching what people used to command like 40k now they fetch 14k to 20k max. Yes on even on ebay just because an auction ends with a winning bid not mean the buyer paid for it. Alot of sellers are relisting over and over right now.

dont go cheaper than what you think its worth. Your right nothing is moving right now especially old cars. Right now in this economy an old car is not a neccesity vs a newer one. Your rig is awesome man keep it.

On that note there are some really desperate people right now that are letting go of their 40s for super cheap a running rig for 2k and a really nice rig for 4k nice as yours. Even the full restoration ones are not fetching what people used to command like 40k now they fetch 14k to 20k max. Yes on even on ebay just because an auction ends with a winning bid not mean the buyer paid for it. Alot of sellers are relisting over and over right now.

Hey, thanks for the good word.

Yeah, I renewed the ad on craigslist today and will let it run out for the week. If nothing happens by then I'll have to ask my Cruiser for forgiveness and go camping for a few days :D

You are definitely right about good deals (for the buyer) to be had out there.

Art,
Oops, I haven't been online in a little while. I'll email you in a couple of minutes.
BTW, it's definitely a four wheel drive ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom