65 lv, is this bracket stock? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Question for the LV boys and girls. Pics pretty much say it all. Did the Doobie bros. weld this on or is it factory?

Thanks, Matt
MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG

I doubt it but I'll have to check when I get home. My guess is it was used as an exhaust hanger but not stock.

This pic is a '66 and you can almost see where that would be. It is the best picture that I had with me.
66under.jpg

Last edited:
I just can't tell? :confused: The welds look fairly nice and it looks somewhat factory and yes, the exhaust was bolted to it.

Althought the exhaust was coming out the side ahead of the rear tire. :)

Please let me know, if not, it's gotta go.

Thanks, Matt

I'm not seeing it on the second frame pic, so I'm thinking it's gone with the grinder this evening.

Matt

added a second pic above

edit: you are faster than me. I have the CD with me today with 1,500 FL45LV pics on it. Let me thumb through them...

nope, those are the only two I have of that side of the frame.

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, got your email also.

Didn't get a chance last night to cut it off, to busy with those sway bar brackets, must have been fate :)

That's good then, one less thing I have to do. Frame is done and ready for blasting and powdercoating.

EDIT: I guess I was wrong on the Saginaw plates I bought. Since the front x-member on the 45's are sloped, that's why the plate did not fit. I just assumed that the frames were the same on the front? I still have to weld those in, probalby do that Wed. night. I will have to do a little fabbing on the plate, but when I'm done it will look stock and factory.

Matt

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom