62 Desmog guys...do you get a CEL? I did (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Did a good clean up on the engine. Replaced water temp sensor, new water pump, full desmog, new tps with kickass adjustment, new injectors and seats, super clean TB, you get the picture. I get a lean CEL during highway cruise, and ONLY during highway cruise. Does not happen every time I get on the highway, but most times, and seems to happen when I am VERY light on the throttle just to keep it coasting on a flat road. I get no other indication of running lean other then the CEL. Anyone else pick up any codes? Im getting pretty good MPG, so Im not going to complain :)

I replaced the O2 sensors, but one of the wires could be bad. Havent shot the AFM, Ill get to it eventually, its running like new right now. The issue doesnt bother me, other than that CRAZY bright CEL. Some electrical tape helps that.

Reading research on these posts over three years I have the same issue on one of my 62s post desmog - any updates very welcome. Thank you

Put a resistor in the plug that went to the EGR, can't remember the value I used it was just a ceramic one I had lying around. It did get rid of the cel.

Reading research on these posts over three years I have the same issue on one of my 62s post desmog - any updates very welcome. Thank you

Put a resistor in the plug that went to the EGR, can't remember the value I used it was just a ceramic one I had lying around. It did get rid of the cel.

Are these California (originally) trucks?

Did a good clean up on the engine. Replaced water temp sensor, new water pump, full desmog, new tps with kickass adjustment, new injectors and seats, super clean TB, you get the picture. I get a lean CEL during highway cruise, and ONLY during highway cruise. Does not happen every time I get on the highway, but most times, and seems to happen when I am VERY light on the throttle just to keep it coasting on a flat road. I get no other indication of running lean other then the CEL. Anyone else pick up any codes? Im getting pretty good MPG, so Im not going to complain :)
Mine didn’t throw any codes after de smog. The only time it did was when (as another poster said), I had a bad O2 censor, and a leaky exhaust.

Did that. Thanks. Still Check light - might be a bad O2 sensor

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom