60 springs made in Canada??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mace

rock scientist..
Staff member
s-Moderator
Threads
Anyone happen to know of a spring company that made leaves for a 60 (5 leaf) that was in Canada???

I have these suspicious "made in Canada" stickers on the front springs on stubby..

They are pretty flat, so I kinda doubt they are lift springs but who knows ;)

probably BDS

I have 2.5" BDS springs in the front of my 60 and they say "Made in Canada"

how's the ride???

Might be Alcan, too. I was looking at thier site this week, after viewing the parabolic spring thread on 60 Series FAQ.

Alcans are made here in CO, I dont think they are Canadian are they?

I know that McCoy is the spring maker in Canada that does springs for various companies. Superlift, BDS, and more... So they are stamped Made in Canada, sold under whatever brand name but actually McCoy makes them. They kind of have a bad reputation from what I remember, but my FJ40 Superlift was wonderful and I have heard good about BDS. Maybe it just depends on what specs (like the Pinnacol springs are 3in instead of 2 1/2in)

Oops, Alcan is in CO. Sorry bout that...wonder what I was thinking??? :doh:

Mace said:
how's the ride???

I have the BDS made in Cananda. They were a little bouncy at first but now 10 mos. later they are less bouncy. Seem much more heavy duty than stock. I do have a very slight lean to driver side but overall I am very satisfied.

yup, McCoy

Beltons are not made in Canada

Is anyone importing Ironman (AU) at the moment?

60wag said:
Is anyone importing Ironman (AU) at the moment?

Not that I know of. JTO had been but said that they were having service problems after some company change back in AU. If you go on Ironmans website and look for NA dealers I think the only one is in Canada.

http://www.ironmansuspension.com/

I had OME on my old 60, I've got Ironman on my current one. 3-4 years ago when I got it there was a huge price difference so I went with Ironman. Its pretty nice but not a flexy as the OME. I'd rec' it but if its not available then there isn't any pointed in rec'ing it. BTW I would definitely NOT rec' the light OME front springs for a 60.

Mud_Guppie said:
Beltons are not made in Canada

Correct!

Made in Malaysia, at the Belton facility, alongside Dakar.

gb

Pinnical springs, which JT Outfitters sells, are also made in Canada.

THEY ARE CRAP>>>>DONT BUY THEM

JR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom