Registry 60-series Registry (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My best arty shot taken with a Motorola droid Pro :)

photo.jpg

Last edited:
First FJ60

Model: 1984 FJ60
Owner: Adam (when he is old enough)
'Name: The Cruiser' until we come up with something better
Miles: 182k
Mods: All original at the moment
Use: Fishing and exploring rig
IMG954563_2.jpg

billby east coast of australia

61 sahara 12ht 5 speed manual running 35s
carries 200litres deisel 100litres water
currently only a 2 seater ,pretty self sufficant for 3 weeks
has 400000km
DSC_1656.jpg

New Cruiser, New member

I have always wanted a 62 and finally got one. I started searching the various places to buy and a friend who is a member turned me on to this site. You guys have already saved me money and work, thanks for that. I read about known issues, this and that, etc. Anyway, I found this rig in Colorado and bought it. It was owned by an older enthusiast I presume. He passed and left it to his daughter, she didn't want it. So Now it has found it's way into my life. I guess I am the second owner. He took great care of it and I hope to make him proud. It may sound odd, but I think he and I would have gotten along well. I drove it home (4 hour drive) on stock sized tires then added 31.10.5's and that's about it. Full fluid change, and a good cleaning. After comparing to another rig in my area, I am confident it has had some sort of suspension help. This is based on shackle angle and the leaf springs are much beefier (with more) than the stock one with which it was compared. Without further ado, meet the last vehicle purchased before my first child will be born!
Model: 1988 FJ62
Miles:159k
Name: undecided, ideas?
Mods: Unkown lift, 31.105's, poly leaf spring bushings
Use: To take climbing, any place I am not staying the night that our "highway" car can't get to. For over night, the 4x4 camper van is the choice.
IMG_0027.jpg

C7train,

Beautiful rig. Same color scheme of one I used to eye hump everyday on the way to my daughter's school years ago.

I blame that rig for the sickness and passion I've had ever since.

New Cruiser/Possibly first post can't remember

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Jackson
3. clifford by most
4. 213K on the body
5. very thorough mechanical overhaul: full engine, both axles, brakes, steering, new seals in trans and transfer case, lunchbox in front, 33's, OME lift +shackles.

ghetto lift in photos, sits much better now :p

My wife and I love it for camping and wheeling around the rockies
shot.JPG
flex.JPG

I have always wanted a 62 and finally got one. I started searching the various places to buy and a friend who is a member turned me on to this site. You guys have already saved me money and work, thanks for that. I read about known issues, this and that, etc. Anyway, I found this rig in Colorado and bought it. It was owned by an older enthusiast I presume. He passed and left it to his daughter, she didn't want it. So Now it has found it's way into my life. I guess I am the second owner. He took great care of it and I hope to make him proud. It may sound odd, but I think he and I would have gotten along well. I drove it home (4 hour drive) on stock sized tires then added 31.10.5's and that's about it. Full fluid change, and a good cleaning. After comparing to another rig in my area, I am confident it has had some sort of suspension help. This is based on shackle angle and the leaf springs are much beefier (with more) than the stock one with which it was compared. Without further ado, meet the last vehicle purchased before my first child will be born!
Model: 1988 FJ62
Miles:159k
Name: undecided, ideas?
Mods: Unkown lift, 31.105's, poly leaf spring bushings
Use: To take climbing, any place I am not staying the night that our "highway" car can't get to. For over night, the 4x4 camper van is the choice.

Beautiful truck. I cant help to think what it would look like with 33x10.5s!! :bounce:

New 62

Thanks azonic, I am not sure I am sold on the 33x10.5 compared to the 31x10.5's on it now, can anyone else chime in for some support in either direction?
Cheers!
C.

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Jackson
3. clifford by most
4. 213K on the body
5. very thorough mechanical overhaul: full engine, both axles, brakes, steering, new seals in trans and transfer case, lunchbox in front, 33's, OME lift +shackles.

ghetto lift in photos, sits much better now :p

My wife and I love it for camping and wheeling around the rockies

Love to red. Cool rig!

Great looking trucks guys and welcome to the sickness!!
C7 - amazing shape on that truck and definitely looks like it probably has an add-a-leaf as the 31s should fill the wheel wells a little more than that.

Great looking trucks guys and welcome to the sickness!!
C7 - amazing shape on that truck and definitely looks like it probably has an add-a-leaf as the 31s should fill the wheel wells a little more than that.

Long story short.... needs 33x10.5s

Hey Fellas I'm new to the forum and wondering what you might think of this 1988 FJ62 I've found in Santa Fe. Would be buying from second owner and it's been in Santa Fe since 1994 or so. Have all records including engine swap from about 10K miles ago.

Here's the link to the CL ad in Santa Fe. 167K miles. http://santafe.craigslist.org/cto/3564522192.html
thanks for any input from you guys. tires and rims are new, new windshield, new dash from Toyota installed four years ago, newly rebuilt motor in 2006 and 10K miles added since then. The seller has a great reputation as a businessman in Santa Fe and we have a common acquaintance who is going over to lay eyeballs on it Sunday morning before I jet over there from my home in Phoenix.

sorry bout that fellas

My 60

1. 1986 FJ60
2. Mark F.
3. Name of vehicle (optional) I may start calling it Optional now
4. 171,xxx
5. OME Heavy, many planned
6. Daily driver if you call 30 miles a month driven, I'm a mass transit guy for most things

IMG_0187.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom