Registry 60-series Registry (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1989 FJ62
2. Deuce
3. Just purchased, don't have one yet
4. 173,002
5. None
6. Daily Driver
IMG_0221.jpg

My new/old 1984 FJ60

I really hope I am posting this in the right place, if not feel free to delete it.

Well this will most likely be my LAST Land Cruiser as I have bought and sold half a dozen FJ40’s and FJ60’s over the years but it’s making the wife mad so this is it. So I will restore it somewhat.
I saw this sitting on the local Salt Lake City classifieds for a long time at $900.00. Bought it for $800.00 because I have noticed that they are getting harder to come by, even the rebuildable project ones.
His ad was very lengthy and said “for sure it is burning oil big time as the plugs are all fouled and wont even come close to passing inspection”. OK fine. I saw a 2F short block about the same time for $100.00 and snagged that at about the same time.
I was able to start it up and it reeked of bad gas. Sputtering and running nasty and backfiring, I took the side streets all the way home. The gas was gauge not working so I put some good gas in it and it ran a little better.
Parked it in front of the house since it was snowing. A few days later I decided to give it a look see and do some diagnosis.
He cut off the muffler and he said it ran a little better after he did that. OK. Here are some of the things I figured out. The choke plate was almost always nearly closed. Opened that up all the way. It has a Weber carb that is missing the part on the right side of it. This is where the twig is stuffed into a hole there. LOL. Very professional. I am sure that is what the Weber company does. Perhaps I should call them and order some new twigs. You can see it in the picture.
Well I was a mechanic in LA for quite a few years and I knew one way you can figure things out is to pull the plugs. So I did.
GAS FOULED! Not oil fouled. Very good news, as there is now some hope of not a major rebuild just yet. Changed the plugs. Now I can take my time with the 2F core I have sitting on the ground. But boy it still runs like crap, so on to the points and distributer.
Will somebody explain to me why my 1984 land cruiser has points? They were fried and so was that cap and rotor so I replaced all of that. BINGO! It ran way better after that. Still Idles like crap and the Weber adjusting screws have no effect at all when I play with them. Fuel dripping downs the throat all the time. Not a Weber carb guy so and suggestions there would be lovingly approved of.
Six into two exhaust has holes in it. It has the usual rust in all the usual places, which I will be able to handle since my bud owns a body shop.
Building a rack for it and then will move onto the front and rear bumpers. Real bouncy shocks, all the usual stuff.
All the four-wheel drive parts work perfectly, which is nice.
So here I go……
Wonderful being a part of IH8TMUD where I can learn so much, thanks in advance.
Jay

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

My first Cruiser.

1. 1987 FJ60 High Performance 350/TH350
2. Dave
3. Camp Cruiser, Magic Beans (I traded my 02 Camry w/ a/c and cup holders for it.), undecided.
4. Mileage on the truck odometer 163xxx
5. Modifications: Obviously the engine, beyond that I am learning what the PO did to her. So far, I have fixed the front marker lights, ordered PFRANS LED dome lights, replaced the wipers, added gas, and tightened some screws.
6. I am a new owner and new to Mud. It is a third vehicle for us I have a company car I drive during the week, it will be for fun, camping, fishing, etc.
7. A single photo

001.jpg

1. 1988 FJ62
2. Brian F.
3. Virginia (Original owner of 25 yrs named her)
4. 156k
5. Showroom stock
6. Daily driver 3 miles to daycare, work, home. Repeat. Camping trips.

fj62_bf.jpg

20130217_121426.jpg

20130217_121451.jpg

20130218_102431.jpg

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Kevin E.
3. grunt
4. 145k
5. None yet
6. weekends, beach, camping with kids
7. ...

84-fj60-010a.jpg

1. 1990 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ62
2. Hayes Irving (me)
3. Janice
4. 199,xxx
5. Bone Stock
6. Daily Driver, keeping her clean :cheers:
7. A single photo- check her out!

man, that would be one sweet pic if that guy and black truck were not in the pic...somebody photochop that!

1. 1989 FJ62
2. Rowe (me)
3. White Lightning (named by my friend when mocking it's top speed)
4. It reads 145k, but the speedo/ odometer were broken for about five years, so noone really knows
5. 3" OME lift, 32" maxxis bighorn tires, 16x8 wheels, rack, kc lights, warn winch and bumper, truck bedliner sprayed on the inside in place of carpet, grille painted black
6. Daily driver/offroad

fj2.jpg

fj.jpg

1. 1989 FJ62
2. Scott
3. "The Cruiser"
4. 217000 miles
5. Stock
6. Part time driver, chauffeuring the dog to the river.

rsz_fj62_paradise_1.jpg

1. 1988 FJ62
2. dave.
3. "Our Car." and "Betty White" (because they're both frikkin awesome and they last forever)
4. 241xxx
5. tires are 31", adding tranny cooler soon, otherwise stock.
6. Daily driver, offroad family fun time.

Betty White.jpg

It's an internet forum, about trucks. Not national security. You need to get out more dude.

And this place ain't for me. Y'all go head and troll. I have things to do.

It's an internet forum, about trucks. Not national security. You need to get out more dude.

And this place ain't for me. Y'all go head and troll. I have things to do.

Chill... You can use a photo sharing site like photobucket and then you just copy and paste the IMG url... Easiest way for me and you can post more then 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom