60 series body on a 100 series chassis?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey lads (and ladies) of IH8 Mud. So I'm fortunate enough to own both a beautiful 60 series G spec with no rust in the body and a 1HD fte 100 series. So it's a long shot but has anyone heard of doing a chassis swap, in that could I put the 60 series body on the 100 series chassis? My rational is I love the bench seats and 60 body but the box, engine, brakes and suspension on the 100 are far better. I live in Australia but any Info would be appreciated.
Cheers!

IMG20200512122444.jpg

Screenshot_2020-05-20-12-46-09-56.png

A 100 IFS chassis is significantly different because of the IFS configuration. An 80 series is closer to the 'right shape' - wheelbase needs to be shortened etc.

I would go the other way, put the 100 body on the 60 chassis

100 IFS or 105 solid axle? If a 105, seems like a waste of a good 105

A few years ago I saw a 40 body on an FJ Cruiser Chassis and drive train. The builder grafted in the FJC fire wall and dash into the 40. It looked a little odd as the fire wall placement put the front axle a little farther back than the eye likes.

I am thinking something similar would be the case with the 60/100. The amount of electronics packed into the 100 along with brake systems etc is the reasoning.

Wheel base is important
Fire wall to front axle is important, if you go that route
Track width comes into play, may be as easy as different offset wheels

Like anything else, anything is possible with enough time and money.

Make sure you have a build thread if you choose to go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom