5TH Gen BIG BRAKES are they worth it, and do you really need them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The 4r brakes are bigger than the ones on my 2007 diesel F-250 I just sold. I can't imagine why you'd ever need bigger brakes.

The brake pedal feel is soft. That's a software decision from Toyota. Sometimes it feels like the brakes are not as strong as they really are. It's kind of like the throttle tune. It's really easy to modulate, but if you want a lot of breaking - you kinda have to demand it. But it'll stop when you do. If you haven't experienced the emergency stop brake pressure boost it'll surprise you the first time.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting. Looks like you've got a nice YT channel there. I'm enjoying watching the videos. Nice work.

Last edited:
Reactions: RFB
Thanks for posting. Looks like you've got a nice YT channel there. I'm enjoying watching the videos. Nice work.
I try swapping from 8 to the 4runner has been a trip, but Ive been building off the TRD PRO platform for almost 2 months shes goona be serious.

Good for you Rich...hope you enjoy the rig...hopefully see it in the flesh some day!

Hey Richie any feedback after using the big brake setup for a while? My ‘19 is getting heavier as I also have an Alu Cab up top with awning and tray + table up top.

Haven't tried them, but while in Vegas last month, some stupid SOB made an illegal left turn in front of us. Wife stood on the braked (in the rain) and we missed him with inches to spare. I'm satisfied with what we had. BTW: He was stopped on a green and we were proceeding at ~35 mph, 2 car lengths behind the car in front when he decided to turn (posted no left turn!) in front of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom