5th Gen 4Runner to 200 series L.C. thoughts? (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just wanted to drop an update:
I finally took a step forward 2 weeks ago. I said good buy to my 2016 SR5, and hopped into a 2011 Land Cruiser with 118k on ODO. She had a few maintenance issues that needed taken care of. (New belt, tensioner, idler pulley, and new windshield washer motor pump) The dealership cut me a check to get all those things taken care. Then they also cut me a check for the equity for my 4Runner. I used some of those funds to bring her up to par on maintenance and fluids changes so that now I can easily keep track of where she is at. I also snatched up and stashed in my garage and OEM water pump, starter, and alternator brush. So I have those ready to go if something happens. Here's to 500,000 miles🤙

20210805_160831.jpg

20210805_160848.jpg

Congrats man - i'm sure it was hard to go back a few years in age, but it will be worth it. Enjoy the journey!

Congrats man - i'm sure it was hard to go back a few years in age, but it will be worth it. Enjoy the journey!
Thank you, honestly, I really didn't care about taking a step back in years. Because even though the vehicles are 5yrs apart, they pretty much have the same layout electronics wise. I always worry when purchasing a new vehicle especially when I'm letting go of one that has been nothing but reliable. I mean I know I jumped into a vehicle that can go the distance and beyond, but it just takes me a minute to ease up. I had the same feelings when I got the 4Runner 2yrs ago.

I was contemplating on picking up a 2022 for the family , nice thing they were half the price of a LC , I liked the basic ness of the 5th gen , simple controls especially has a fan control knob un like the 200 touch screen , I’m not a big fan of that .
I have has more than a few 4runners and the 5th gen was my favorite .
Looking at the pro every dealer is tacking on a premium in my area and not much stock left right now , also looking at a TRD Offroad premium … will see , I think there a solid truck .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom