5 Spoke Tundra / Sequoia Wheels & Caps on 100 w/o Spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Try your local junk yards

Well, patience was key. Found one in a local junk yard and it had the 16" wheels and caps still. I spent $50 but that included a bunch of other crap too. I posted them on another thread but I wanted to show some pics here as well...

Overall VERY happy with them. They are not the EXACT same silver (maybe these are hyper silver?) but in person nobody would think twice. They actually are a closer match to these wheels than the wheels they came off of. The other thing is there is a bit of a gap at the bottom of the center caps where they flare out and don't quite touch the rim (PIC 3) but again, doesn't bother me. I think the LC caps might actually be a bit bigger, as the ones I have seen actually fill in the gaps more.

IMO I'd rather have caps that say Lexus and deal with the minuscule gap. The fit perfectly. Very snug and tight and no wiggle.

PXL_20210124_002952747.jpg

PXL_20210124_003006216.jpg

PXL_20210124_001936276.jpg

PXL_20210124_001927634.jpg

PXL_20210124_002952747.jpg

Last edited:
The center caps fit on the rear wheels with no modifications.

The center caps need modified to fit on the 2 front wheels due to the hub.

A 1 3/4” hole saw hole thru the center of the cap will allow the dust cap to fit thru the center cap. Picture 1.

You also need to remove some plastic from the inside of the cap.

I used a 3/4” rounded file to create space for the flange locator nub (not sure what the technical term is...). Picture 2. Also, see picture 1 at the 9 O’Clock position.

I used a small round file to shorten the 2 plastic tabs at the opposite side from where I just created the space for the flange locator nub. This is needed to clear 2 of the 6 flange nuts. Picture 3. Also, see picture 1 at the 2 and 4 O’Clock positions.

Overall, it took me about an hour, to make the modifications.
With these directions and the right tools, it should take maybe 30 mins.

Enjoy.
Tom

View attachment 2094669

View attachment 2094670

View attachment 2094673

View attachment 2094674

View attachment 2094675
Finally got the Sequoia wheels installed with some Falken Wildpeaks after slip sliding all over the place in the old all seasons. They look so good! Really updates the look of the rig!

Now to tackle the center caps....

View attachment 2509454

View attachment 2509455
are there any center caps out there that will fit these wheels and cover the dust cap for the front hubs?

The OEM Lexus caps from my 99 LX fit just fine on the 5 spoke tundra wheels. Are you sure you got OeM ones? I bought some off eBay that looked good online but they were definitely knockoffs and fit like crap so I returned them.

The OEM Lexus caps from my 99 LX fit just fine on the 5 spoke tundra wheels. Are you sure you got OeM ones? I bought some off eBay that looked good online but they were definitely knockoffs and fit like crap so I returned them.
im not sure if the 02 stock wheels used to be 16 in, and if that matters, maybe i need to get center caps from 18 inch wheels?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom