5 speed Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was looking at 5 spd's the other day on the web...Spector and Man-a-Fre. They want alot of cash for them ! I looked around and found a company that says they have one for 800.00 in good condition , including freight.

My questions are:
Is there more than one H55 Toyota 5 spd ? I know there is a difference between the shafts (gas vs. desiel).

Will It bolt right up to my F motor ?

Will it bolt up to my 3spd T-Case ? or do I need to get another T-case. ? I remember reading about not being able to use the drum parking break.
:dunno:

Thanks Jeff

The H55 is basically a H41 (4 speed) with an extension housing for the 5th gear. I think they were designed for use with the split case transfer. They NEED a transfer on the back as there is no way to seal it off otherwise.

I realize the need for the T-Case, wondering about the compatability with my 3 spd T-case as well as the other 2 questions.

From what I have read these transmissions were only available outside the USA, is that correct as well ?

Yes, there are 3 basic varieties for the H55: the H or the F engine, the B engine and the HZ engine variety. Only ones that were intended for the 2F/3F or 2H/12H-T (6cyl diesel) engines would fit the F.

You need a split case for the H55. You can fit the t-case mounted parking brake to the split case, but you need to replace the rear output shaft and housing. Parts are available from SOR or MAF. For smaller companies, try Mudrak Ciustom Cruisers and Heart of Texas Offroad.

They came in non-US cruisers but the tranny and most parts can now be ordered from the Toyota dealers, thanks to the level of interest of cruiserheads like you :beer:

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom