4x4Labs bumper swingout rattle (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What latch is this? and how has it worked for you?
I reused the one that came with Luke's single swing kit. I also reused/relocated his anchor pin. I just welded it onto the cap of my 3 x 3 beam. Probably a Destaco? I set it really tight. Takes 2 hands to open.

16559368335896712563255799901743.jpg

I reused the one that came with Luke's single swing kit. I also reused/relocated his anchor pin. I just welded it onto the cap of my 3 x 3 beam. Probably a Destaco? I set it really tight. Takes 2 hands to open.

View attachment 3040758
Durable?

I'm looking at a 90 degree lesser pricey one on Amazon - but rated at almost 2000 lbs - I'm only running a 33 on it though

Durable?

I'm looking at a 90 degree lesser pricey one on Amazon - but rated at almost 2000 lbs - I'm only running a 33 on it though
Mine sure is. I have wheeled it quite a lot with a 37 on it, I would recommend a name brand.

Corolla serpentine belt trial. Real few miles, unfinished strut-less bumper here, but no clanking with stock latch set to firm pull.

6-rib skid marks hopefully less visible on black epoxy roll-bar paint eventually.
bumper-band.JPG

Last edited:
Might be hard to tell from the pic I posted, but my latch sits at a 45 degree angle pulling the swing arm both down onto a Rilson landing pad anforward against a 1.5" tall anchor welded onto the deck. Kinda tucks it both directions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom