4WD Light and Reverse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I put my transmission in reverse the 4WD light comes on. Is this normal?

Sounds like someone switched up the wires. There is a white plug which is for reverse. And a blue plug for 4wd. Make sure they match (i don't know if they could plug into each other though.) The actual sensor might be put into the wrong hole. If you look on the passenger side of your engine look back into the transmission tunnel and you should be able to see the wires.

What happens when you put it in 4WD does the light come on?

Here you can see the white plug coming off the top of the transmission, it connects to its white brother that comes from the wiring in the engine bay.

IMG_2013.jpg

Last edited:
I will have to check that out. I just picked up the rig a couple of weeks ago and still figuring things out. I think I noticed the backup lights don't work, I bet I should first check the fuse and then the wiring harness to the top of the tranny, right? So for the 4WD light I should check to see what connector is plugged into the lamp?

Thanks for the patience-I'm a newb!

Just make sure you got blue to blue and white to white on those plugs in the transmission tunnel.

And to check: Put it in 4WD and the reverse lights come on, then you know the plugs are just switched.

OK the blue & white were plugged together. Now I have white to white and the reverse lights come on. Now I need to find the other half of the blue plugs. I can find the harness coming from the engine bay. Is the 4WD plug on the tcase iteself or where is it?

OK the blue & white were plugged together. Now I have white to white and the reverse lights come on. Now I need to find the other half of the blue plugs. I can find the harness coming from the engine bay. Is the 4WD plug on the tcase iteself or where is it?

it's either on the tranny or the transfer.
they hang out together, i got mine backwards......good thing the plugs are not color coordinated.

4WD plug is on the side of the case next to the framerail. The other half should be hanging around the PS of the engine near transmission tunnel, unless it got chopped off.

I think the problem was that the T-case/Tranny I purchased did not have the blue plug on it! :D

Oops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom