4TH gen 4Runner NFAB Nerf Steps on KDSS GX (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been eyeing the NFAB steps as a replacement for my stock running boards, but would like to know if the 4th gen 4 Runner steps would bolt up to GX... I have KDSS... but it's inop due to lift anyways.

Thanks!

Call Metaltech 4x4. Their latest release of sliders for the GX470 they are designed for use with KDSS.

Why is KDSS inoperable due to a lift? They can (and generally do) coexist peacefully.

Not in the case. The left side frame rail holds all the plumbing so there's like two points of contact to mount the sliders to

Not in the case. The left side frame rail holds all the plumbing so there's like two points of contact to mount the sliders to
Sliders have nothing to do with a lift. :confused:

The newest MetalTech sliders are KDSS compatible.

KDSS isn't inoperable. I'm saying the metal tech sliders had to be developed specifically for KDSS since the plumbing is on the left frame rail.

I was referring to sliders and KDSS not being the best friends.

Anyone know the price since it's not on their site yet?

KDSS isn't inoperable. I'm saying the metal tech sliders had to be developed specifically for KDSS since the plumbing is on the left frame rail.

I was referring to sliders and KDSS not being the best friends.

Anyone know the price since it's not on their site yet?

Ahh, yeah. I cut the center foot off of my sliders and just used the front/rear - figured it was better than nothing at all.

I believe the pricing is the same ($450 raw, $600 powdercoated) and that MetalTech now only sells KDSS-compatible sliders. I'm sure Mark would be able to answer any questions, though.

That is correct. Their sliders are compatible with both KDSS and non KDSS. Mark confirmed this at the summit.

I confirmed this as well with the OPOR sliders I recently got. I thought the DS slider was missing a leg since the passenger slider has three. I wrote MT to confirm before I got them painted. With the two legs on the DS it makes them KDSS compatible not that I needed it since I don't have KDSS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom