4th Annual Skyline Ride / Feb 27, 2010 / Skyline, AL (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone,
I'm once again planning a ride at the Skyline WMA for the 4th Saturday in February. This is the fourth straight year I've put this together.

There is no registration fee for this event!

*************************the details*************************
Meeting Place:
Thackerson's Gas Station @ Skyline

Address:
11 AL Highway 146
Scottsboro, AL 35768

I think this will be the best place for everyone to meet up. There's a parking lot across the street from the store that should allow enough room for everyone to park until all parties arive. Plus everyone can fill up on gas and snacks before we head out. If you plan to trailer your rig please PM me so I can give you details about where to park your truck and trailer.

Everyone should be able to get directions by using the address for the store listed above.

Meeting Time:
Everyone try to make it by 9:00 AM CST. We probably won't leave out for the trail until 9:30 or so in case people run late. Could be hard to estimate the time correctly with the trip some will be making.

NOTICE: Unless you have AT&T cell service you probably won't get much of a signal once you get on top of Skyline Mountain. I've got Verizon and it's hit or miss (mostly miss).

If I don't have your contact info (phone # / email) please send me a PM with that information so I can get in touch with you if plans change.

Details are still be working out for those looking for overnight stay and this post will be updated as info comes in. The WMA map linked below lists designated camping areas on the WMA for those interested.

Ground Rules:
Since this is a WMA there are some rules that we all need to take into consideration.
(1) Alcohol is strictly prohibited inside the WMA.
(2) No firearms

Also print out this map and put your sig on it. This will be your permit for the WMA. Just keep it in your glovebox.
http://www.outdooralabama.com/hunting/wildlife-areas/wmamaps/Martin Skyline Map 2010.pdf

***********************Confirmed Attendees***************************
1. BamaBleach
2. rockrebel
3. Flying Brick
4. Kramer
5. TennesseeSquire & MrsTennesseeSquire
6. Land Speeder
7. Rover1998
8. Elbert
9. 87tlc60
10. dragr1
11. ClankBang
12. BigEd & TideFaithful
13. fronzengi
14. dwh84
15. enjoi1018
16. lostsoul4438
17. missmy60
18. CruiserKyle
19. Moonbuggy
20. FJman500
21. billwms01
22. shickey
23. JoshW
24. Kodek
25. yotaman(maybe)
26. JBC (maybe)

Last edited:
Confirmed.

Unless a s***-ton of people are camping then I plan on staying at a hotel and will need a spooning partner to defray hotel costs.

TennesseeSquire usually tries to get a group rate at one of the hotels in Scottsboro. He's on his way to the event in Texas so as soon as I get with him we'll nail that down.

I'm in

If anyone wants to meet up in the Cullman area (on your way there) and head up that way as a group let me know. I generally leave Cullman, then over to Arab and then Guntersville, from there head north all the way to Skyline area.

I consider it more of a trail ride. The FS has improved the "logging roads" based on the last time I was there. Based on history Phil normally has a couple of groups and generally they are split up on the level of trail conditions.

Why am i the onliest person in this thread without my junk in my avatar?

How bad is the terrain? Is it more of a trail ride or a rock crawl? I have a 78 FJ40 that is in pretty good shape and I don't really want to beat up the body. If it's more of a trail ride then I want to give it a shot, but I'm not really interested in rock crawling....not with this cruiser anyway.

We break everyone up into groups. The trail riders and rock crawlers will be split up. There's a good amount of guys like you that want to come out and have fun but have no desire to bash on their rigs. So don't let that stop ya :)

Why am i the onliest person in this thread without my junk in my avatar?

1. You're ashamed of your junk.
2. You're paranoid someone will see your junk and steal it.
3. You're junk doesn't define you.
4. You have a mask fetish.

My Junk is black.. and it leaks.

Last edited:
Phil,

If we plan to haul our junk on a trailer....where you suggest we park?

Phil,

If we plan to haul our junk on a trailer....where you suggest we park?

Copied from what I told dragr1 in a PM:

There is a designated spot on the WMA for parking tow rigs and trailers. It's a big gravel area and should be safe. That's where all the hunters park during the season.

It's not the spot where we will meet by the gas station but it's the spot where we will air down once we get to the WMA. So when we meet up just leave your rig on the trailer.

Is that the large gravel area to the right as you come in to the trail head (where we generally start and air-downed last time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom