4BD2T into an '89 FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Who is this question to?

On my swap, the only the front motor mounts changed. All the other drive line parts are stock and in stock locations. My radiator move rearward about 5" to allow the placement of the inter-cooler. But I made mounts so the stock radiator works like it would in the original position.

Sorry for hijack...

Who is this question to?

On my swap, the only the front motor mounts changed. All the other drive line parts are stock and in stock locations. My radiator move rearward about 5" to allow the placement of the inter-cooler. But I made mounts so the stock radiator works like it would in the original position.

Sorry for hijack...

It was directed at the OP, I've been studying your swap thread very carefully already :)

How much room is there between the firewall and back of the motor?

It was directed at the OP, I've been studying your swap thread very carefully already :)

Just saw your post, I'll check the distance when I'm in the shop tonight. I'm not 100% sure about location since the previous owner already had swapped an H55F in place of the A440 behind the 3FE. I used his H55F mounting location and built from there.

Just saw your post, I'll check the distance when I'm in the shop tonight. I'm not 100% sure about location since the previous owner already had swapped an H55F in place of the A440 behind the 3FE. I used his H55F mounting location and built from there.

That answers my question perfectly, thank you. Your H55f is in the "factory" location.

Nothing used on the pipe I need from Tom's or others locally, the cheapest I found is 132.72 which it more than I want to spend for a pipe I'm going to end up cutting apart. I'm going to have to fabricate something, we'll see how it goes. Here's a thread that shows how someone else fabricated the part. Isuzu 4BD1T Lexus LX450 (Land Cruiser) Build - Page 6

So, I again searched all the boxes of parts that came with the Cruiser and luckily I had overlooked the part previously so on I go.

IMG_2843.JPG

6" between the firewall and the head

Excellent. Thank you. I know which adapter to use now :)

IMG_2859.JPG
So instead of brazing or welding a fitting to the cast flange I decided to get an -12AN to 1/2" NPT adapter and thread the flange. I have about 1/2" of thread before the second hole for turbo feed line so that should be plenty to make a good solid threaded connection. I'll show you the finished product once I find my 1/2" NPT tap, ARGH.

Last edited:
IMG_2950.JPG
Not much to report, but here's a picture of the oil feed housing completed.

IMG_2958.JPG
IMG_2959.JPG
IMG_2960.JPG
Well, a little more progress, now onto the mounting bracket.

IMG_2963.JPG
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2965.JPG
IMG_2966.JPG
So, here are pictures of the bracket I built and the before and afters of everything. It all turned out good, banjo bolts show up Monday so I'll be able to finish the oil supply this week.

@doug720 Did you purchase a new A/C compressor for your setup? If so, would you mind passing on the part number of the pump you used. My pump had a seized front bearing and after it finally let loose I ended up with a bent clutch and ruined coil. To buy the parts to repair the pump is as much as some of the other brand new complete units. Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Also if you did replace you old pump and still have it available for parts I'd be willing to purchase it from you if your willing to sell.

Thanks
Scott

I used a AC compressor from a gas Isuzu NPR on mine.

These are common, have a standard manifold to connect hoses to, mount to the 4BD brackets, fit well - at least on my swap, and I swapped my diesel pulley/clutch onto it.

I don't have a model number, but it came from a early 2000's NPR at Pick a Part.

I used a AC compressor from a gas Isuzu NPR on mine.

These are common, have a standard manifold to connect hoses to, mount to the 4BD brackets, fit well - at least on my swap, and I swapped my diesel pulley/clutch onto it.

I don't have a model number, but it came from a early 2000's NPR at Pick a Part.

Thx, I'll check my local Pick a Part and see what I can come up with.

IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_2980.JPG
IMG_2982.JPG
So, instead of a soft line for my turbo return line I decided to re-fabricate my hard line to make it work. I had to fabricate a flange for one end and the other I had to cut the 12 -an fitting off and weld the tube back on.

Last edited:
Is it possible to relocated this fuel filter mount? And besides this running into the the heater valve on the firewall do you see any issues that would arise from your engine being about 3" farther back? Ignore accessorys and the factory exhaust manifold and turbo as I won't be using those.
Thanks!

IMG_0647.JPG

3" is a mile in engine location!

My set up clears the heater valve, etc, and my 4BD2 factory fuel filter is in the stock location. But have the dual flywheel set up that pushes my engine forward, which worked great for me. I kept all my drive train - Transmission/TC, driveshafts, etc in stock locations. Moving back 3" would mean lots of modifications and custom mounts. I wanted all stock.

There is no reason the fuel filter could not be moved, but hard lines are nice. I don't recall, but does the throttle mount to the filter bracket?

3" is a mile in engine location!

My set up clears the heater valve, etc, and my 4BD2 factory fuel filter is in the stock location. But have the dual flywheel set up that pushes my engine forward, which worked great for me. I kept all my drive train - Transmission/TC, driveshafts, etc in stock locations. Moving back 3" would mean lots of modifications and custom mounts. I wanted all stock.

There is no reason the fuel filter could not be moved, but hard lines are nice. I don't recall, but does the throttle mount to the filter bracket?

Thanks but my setup is completely different - and that didn't really answer my question.
You said lots of modifications, like what?
I'm going to run an NV4500 and I want to run the more expensive adapter that uses a single custom flywheel. And keep my NV4500 where it currently sits in my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom