460 starts on lithium jumper without cranking batt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com
Tried this little experiment today. Ive been wondering if my amazon lithium jumper was really a good BU. This morning my lex battery died. After the lithium jumper stuttered a bit on the first attempt, second got me going... and thinking. Will this thing work half dead? What about no battery? I picked up a new battery from lexus but didn't hook it up. I just hooked the lithium jumper to the cables. I didn't recharge the lithium jumper first, so it was half dead when I started.

First attempt no clicks. After pushing the “force start” button though it fired up and died right away. Third attempt fired right up and purred.

Thought that might help if anyone was on the fence about using one as your BU offraod.

3445DA1D-7B06-4BF6-98C7-351AD5CCBC4B.jpeg

192CF79F-E01A-4DFC-8824-256E954512F3.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Beatit G18 portable car jump starter. It's awesome and has jumped my battery several times when I've let my fridge go too long without starting my rig.
Never thought about using it as a battery replacement.
Nice thing about it is that since it is charged via USB, after I jump my car, I can must plug it into the USB port and recharge it! I always keep this on hand.

Amazon product ASIN B07FTG9PBK

I have the Beatit G18 portable car jump starter. It's awesome and has jumped my battery several times when I've let my fridge go too long without starting my rig.
Never thought about using it as a battery replacement.
Nice thing about it is that since it is charged via USB, after I jump my car, I can must plug it into the USB port and recharge it! I always keep this on hand.

I wasn't really thinking of a situation where I would need to use it without the battery, I just wanted to stress test it in case I went out 2-3 days and left the lights on until it was double dead.

I though you had a dual batteries? How did your fridge kill the starting batt?

I do have dual batteries, but they're getting tired and I think I need to switch my battery cables.

I have a few of the lithium jumper packs but ever since I got a capacitor jump starter I’ve been using that almost exclusively. I don’t have to worry about keeping it charged and it’s easy enough to “charge” off any other type of battery and use it to jump your car.

I have a few of the lithium jumper packs but ever since I got a capacitor jump starter I’ve been using that almost exclusively. I don’t have to worry about keeping it charged and it’s easy enough to “charge” off any other type of battery and use it to jump your car.
What product/s would you recommend for capacitor jumpers?
I have this:
And it's been great!

Apparently, some Lithium jumpers have a very high voltage output and can damage some vehicles. I would tend to leave the old, dead battery inline to act as a buffer.

But, very interesting to know that this jumper could fully start the engine alone!

Mostly related/on topic, Project Farm just tested a bunch of vehicle battery jump starters a couple of weeks ago and it was pretty interesting. I have had an Anti-Gravity which has saved my bacon (and my wife's once when her battery died) a couple of times over the last 3-4 years, although it didn't fare too well in the tests, lol.

What product/s would you recommend for capacitor jumpers?
I have this:
And it's been great!

I don't really have any specific recommendations, I was given one of those capacitor starters by a friend who wanted me to test it out and give him my opinions. The one I have looks a lot like this one

Capacitor Jumpstarter

Not that exact brand, but I'm pretty sure it's the same manufacturer.

Honestly, I was pretty skeptical about these starters. At first I doubted they would work at all, even if it did I didn't think they'd be very useful. But having tried them for a while I'm a believer. Its now the default jumpstarter that I grab when I need one.

The one downside is it doesn't store a charge the way a lithium jumpstarter does. That means you need to have a battery with some charge for it to work. It works fine with a weak or nearly dead battery, or you could charge it off a nearby car and transfer it to the dead vehicle. The upside is it only take a few minutes for it to charge, and it seems to deliver a stronger jolt than my lithium starters. It also is rated at 10K plus cycles (although I think it's probably even more), which is nice when you consider how many jump starters I've gone through over the last few decades.

I just keep mine in my vehicle all the time and have needed it a few times as mentioned above for both my vehicle and others.
The nice thing is that it recharges via USB, so once my vehicle is up and running, I can just plug the charger into my onboard USB and top it off again while driving. When it's topped off, unplug and stow it, ready for the next jump!! Never leaves my rig.
Never need to worry about after using, remembering to bring it into the house and plug it in 120 VAC to charge and then hope to remember to pack it back in my rig.
In reality, I can do quite a few jumps off of it being fully charged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom