406 Cruiser Heads - Introductions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

45876A29-4D5A-446F-92CB-BDFE7C083A9B.jpeg
How do I get a pic of my cruzr in the avatar?

Figured it out...the Avatar is from my iPhone. I have no idea how the dual exposerd happen...but kind of cool

Hi all. My name is Phoenix Black, I'm a MET major up at MSU and I drive a 98 4runner. It's my first truck and I've been building it and wheeling it for about three years now and have loved every minute of it. I've done a lot of solo wheeling in Montana, Colorado, and Utah but am hoping to get more involved with this group soon as I have been to a couple meetings and liked the atmosphere. I am fairly active on T4R.org and have a build thread over there so feel free to check that out if you'd like. Heres some pictures of my rig as it sits. Sitting on 31s with custom-made armor and plenty of other cool party tricks
IMG_6069 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_5111 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_5930 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi all. My name is Phoenix Black, I'm a MET major up at MSU and I drive a 98 4runner. It's my first truck and I've been building it and wheeling it for about three years now and have loved every minute of it. I've done a lot of solo wheeling in Montana, Colorado, and Utah but am hoping to get more involved with this group soon as I have been to a couple meetings and liked the atmosphere. I am fairly active on T4R.org and have a build thread over there so feel free to check that out if you'd like. Heres some pictures of my rig as it sits. Sitting on 31s with custom-made armor and plenty of other cool party tricks
IMG_6069 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_5111 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_5930 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

Welcome! The V at wheeler lake! Love that trail, by far one of my favorites. Ran it back in early June and couldn't make it to the top because of snow. There are a few msu students in the club (I'm an ME)

Welcome! The V at wheeler lake! Love that trail, by far one of my favorites. Ran it back in early June and couldn't make it to the top because of snow. There are a few msu students in the club (I'm an ME)

Wheeler Lake is by far one of my favorite trails to date! It was pretty challenging being open diff but I didn't take any bypasses and did everything under my own power. Hopefully, I'll be getting a rear ARB this spring

Wheeler Lake is by far one of my favorite trails to date! It was pretty challenging being open diff but I didn't take any bypasses and did everything under my own power. Hopefully, I'll be getting a rear ARB this spring

It's a super great trail. I've taken my girl friends open open 1st Gen almost all the way so I understand the wanting of a locket and my 80 (3x locked) several times. The lockers made it almost too easy. I was going to CSU for the past two years and got a lot of wheeling in while I was there
IMG_4917.JPG

IMG_4825.JPG

The amount of trails in Colorado is just insane. And there is such a wide variety as far as difficulty goes. I wish we had more of that up here. But I make it a point to get down into Colorado at least once a year now for some wheeling.
A few more pictures just for fun...
IMG_5196 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_4926 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_4968 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

Colorado had a bit for everyone for sure but it also had a ton of people out on those trails. Sometimes I found it difficult to get away. I am taking a week for wheeling in Colorado this summer mainly the Alpine loop and another week to run the Rubicon since it's what my family does for vacation lol

What was that jeep doing? I can't imagine how he got on that line and I've been up all 3 ways right there

Colorado had a bit for everyone for sure but it also had a ton of people out on those trails. Sometimes I found it difficult to get away. I am taking a week for wheeling in Colorado this summer mainly the Alpine loop and another week to run the Rubicon since it's what my family does for vacation lol

What was that jeep doing? I can't imagine how he got on that line and I've been up all 3 ways right there

The rubicon is on my bucket list but I need to get a locker and I would like to jump up to 33s before I do that. Im planning on going to Moab over spring break and back to Colorado in late July to do some of the more iconic trails like Black Bear and Red Cone.

That jeep was just a series of mistakes. He got up on the line and had his front end locked and slipped down so he went to back up to reset and popped the clutch throwing himself to that point. Of course, my first response was to take a picture. He ended up going up the other far left line and did almost the same thing. I think after the first near roll he was a bit shook up.

The rubicon is on my bucket list but I need to get a locker and I would like to jump up to 33s before I do that. Im planning on going to Moab over spring break and back to Colorado in late July to do some of the more iconic trails like Black Bear and Red Cone.

That jeep was just a series of mistakes. He got up on the line and had his front end locked and slipped down so he went to back up to reset and popped the clutch throwing himself to that point. Of course, my first response was to take a picture. He ended up going up the other far left line and did almost the same thing. I think after the first near roll he was a bit shook up.
We (my family and i) go as part of the TLCA's event Rubithon and this past summer started leading one of the designated runs (wagon run). We take people that have never done it and run it over 3 days with 2 days of camping in the middle for a total of 5 days. It's a great trail but very taxing. People blow up birfs, CV's, tcases and aquire body damage but if you can live with that it is incredibly fun.

Red cone was my last trip in colorado before moving here. Too funny I am running the greater majority of the alpine loop including black bear July 22nd-28th. Going with a group of TLCA members from the local club in Fort Collins

We (my family and i) go as part of the TLCA's event Rubithon and this past summer started leading one of the designated runs (wagon run). We take people that have never done it and run it over 3 days with 2 days of camping in the middle for a total of 5 days. It's a great trail but very taxing. People blow up birfs, CV's, tcases and aquire body damage but if you can live with that it is incredibly fun.

Red cone was my last trip in colorado before moving here. Too funny I am running the greater majority of the alpine loop including black bear July 22nd-28th. Going with a group of TLCA members from the local club in Fort Collins

Sounds like a good time. Im no stranger to swapping out half shafts but I can imagine that trail is pretty taxing. It wouldnt have its reputation if it wasn't. Depending on timing I may run into you guys down there in CO. It will be a pretty epic trip

Last edited:
That is one of my main motivations to run black bear. Just dont end up like this guy
IMG_0171_JPG-309629.jpg

Or this shot would be pretty sweet
IMG_1207 by Hayden Deatherage, on Flickr

Ive already done black bearonce and have no clue how the 4runner guy did that. I saw that all over facebook and was bewildered... total driver error on that one.

Well we know what to do now in that situation thanks to @JohnnyOshow22

LOL well we sorta do now and the thing to take away from that was get an 80!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::worms::worms:

Just pokin at you Aaron, no really though first thing is make sure everyone is alright

Hi guys! I have just moved to Lewistown Montana. I am looking for cruiser heads out here to wheel with. With family and without I like it all, camping day tripping, general exploring. I really look forward to meeting some of you!
I have a 06LC 2.5 lift all slee'd out. Lockers, lights (love night wheeling) just enough gear to get myself into and out of trouble, I hope.

IMG_20170719_145704141_HDR.jpg

Hi guys! I have just moved to Lewistown Montana. I am looking for cruiser heads out here to wheel with. With family and without I like it all, camping day tripping, general exploring. I really look forward to meeting some of you!
I have a 06LC 2.5 lift all slee'd out. Lockers, lights (love night wheeling) just enough gear to get myself into and out of trouble, I hope.

View attachment 1576614
Nice 100!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom