For Sale 40 Series Factory FF Rear Axle For Sale (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NOTAGEEP

SILVER Star
Threads
OK, so I bought a factory full-floater rear axle for my FJ40 years ago but haven’t install it yet because I ended up effectively launching into a frame-off rebuild of the truck. Now I’m not sure that I want to put it on because I just don’t need it. I like rare stuff, so I thought it would be cool to have a non-USA FF, but I’m thinking differently now. I stripped it down and painted it and the hubs with POR-15 andPOR-15 Top Coat. I also installed all new bearings, races, seals, studs, etc. Finally, I converted it to disc brakes with stainless steel brake lines. I’m not looking to lose a bunch of $ on it. It doesn’t have a third member on it at the moment, but I can throw one in if someone wants that, too, at no additional charge. The rotors in the pics have the kind of surface rust on them you see with sitting in a garage waiting to be installed. The calipers are the standard Chevy conversion. The rotors are FJ40 front axle. I’m asking $1,400, which is less than what I have in the whole package. I’ll consider offers, but I can tell you that I probably won’t go down from that much, if at all. I’d rather just go ahead and install the axle than lose a bunch of $. However, I thought someone here might be interested, so I figured I would give it a go. I have lots of experience shipping stuff like this, and I’m happy to either have it picked up or shipped. Shipping will, of course, be the buyer’s responsibility. I live near Lafayette, Indiana if you’re interested in picking it up. Don’t hesitate to IM me with questions. Oh, the only other thing I’d consider doing to this before installing is to weld new spring seats on it. The existing ones are a bit worn from use on the Canadian truck the axle came from. I’ve personally decided they are fine for me, but others might want to replace them. You can get a pair from Spectre Off-Road for about $50. It should be an easy welding job (if you really think it needs to be done). Best, Reuben

D77FEC50-AAA6-40C8-A315-9BF1D89E2628.jpeg

2BE1FFD7-6B83-4437-B2E5-56F7E509C46F.jpeg

66B62062-C4AD-4848-8CF1-26810B3FDBAE.jpeg

68ED6AC8-D31A-4142-B24C-6925093CB467.jpeg

OK, so I bought a factory full-floater rear axle for my FJ40 years ago but haven’t install it yet because I ended up effectively launching into a frame-off rebuild of the truck. Now I’m not sure that I want to put it on because I just don’t need it. I like rare stuff, so I thought it would be cool to have a non-USA FF, but I’m thinking differently now. I stripped it down and painted it and the hubs with POR-15 andPOR-15 Top Coat. I also installed all new bearings, races, seals, studs, etc. Finally, I converted it to disc brakes with stainless steel brake lines. I’m not looking to lose a bunch of $ on it. It doesn’t have a third member on it at the moment, but I can throw one in if someone wants that, too, at no additional charge. The rotors in the pics have the kind of surface rust on them you see with sitting in a garage waiting to be installed. The calipers are the standard Chevy conversion. The rotors are FJ40 front axle. I’m asking $1,400, which is less than what I have in the whole package. I’ll consider offers, but I can tell you that I probably won’t go down from that much, if at all. I’d rather just go ahead and install the axle than lose a bunch of $. However, I thought someone here might be interested, so I figured I would give it a go. I have lots of experience shipping stuff like this, and I’m happy to either have it picked up or shipped. Shipping will, of course, be the buyer’s responsibility. I live near Lafayette, Indiana if you’re interested in picking it up. Don’t hesitate to IM me with questions. Oh, the only other thing I’d consider doing to this before installing is to weld new spring seats on it. The existing ones are a bit worn from use on the Canadian truck the axle came from. I’ve personally decided they are fine for me, but others might want to replace them. You can get a pair from Spectre Off-Road for about $50. It should be an easy welding job (if you really think it needs to be done). Best, Reuben

View attachment 1810276

View attachment 1810277

View attachment 1810278

View attachment 1810279

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom