Wanted 40 series full- float rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scorch

SILVER Star
Threads
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Looking for a 40 series full float for my 83 bj40. I'm in bay area California. Thanks everyone.

Be aware;
As far as I know diesel and gas differentials are different geared S
So if you change the rear for a gas full float differential you have to changev the front also

Be aware;
As far as I know diesel and gas differentials are different geared S
So if you change the rear for a gas full float differential you have to changev the front also
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely keep that in mind.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll definitely keep that in mind.
you can put your current 40 3rd member in the full float. I just put a full float in my 40 and put my 40 third member in it. to keep the gearing the same. you just take the block retainer bolt out of the gears slide your clips out for the 40 shafts and put it back together no clips. got 2000 miles on mine the last couple weeks. doing great.

you can put your current 40 3rd member in the full float. I just put a full float in my 40 and put my 40 third member in it. to keep the gearing the same. you just take the block retainer bolt out of the gears slide your clips out for the 40 shafts and put it back together no clips. got 2000 miles on mine the last couple weeks. doing great.
Thanks for that! Now I just need to find a FF .... appreciate the info.

Make sure it’s an 80-84 version so you can keep your parking brake.

We have a full float that has been built by George “orange 44” never ran and is on a restoration project, all new $2500

We have a full float that has been built by George “orange 44” never ran and is on a restoration project, all new $2500
Sent you a pm. Just to clarify..... are you offering your FF for sale at $2500 to me, or just letting us know you paid that and you are using it for your project? Appreciate it

I appreciate it, thanks.

Best of luck with the sale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom