Wanted 4 speed transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a 4 speed transmission. EIther with a split case, or an FJ40 one with or without a transfer case. Located in Grass Valley CA, but willing to drive a bit to get one.

I want to put the engine into my FJ55 asap, I was going to just put the 3 speed back in, but the tarp came off it last winter and it got full of water and ruined, and I figured if I have to buy a transmission, might as well upgrade. Thanks, Ryan

you'll also need a bellhousing, and driveshaft mods.

Oh, right... I would need a bellhousing as well. My driveshafts are pretty meh, was going to redo them no matter what.
Thanks.

Looking for a 4 speed transmission. EIther with a split case, or an FJ40 one with or without a transfer case.

Not clear if your looking for a four speed made for a split case or either style. Going into a FJ55 one from a 4/85 60 series would a H55F a straight drop in later. Have length for a hand brake on a split case. Cast iron 40 series four speed top cover works on the 60 series and would to keep the shifter in the correct 40/55 location. Even thinking of a possible H55F would save time and money later.

I have a 4 speed bellhousing FJ60 trans and split transfer in Burbank for $600. I ‘might’ be able to get my son to take them as far north as Gilroy/Santa Clara for Thanksgiving. LMK

I texted my son today about this. He’s heading back from here via 101 to visit friends on his way home, so no MUDship from him. :(

I'd be interested in your throw out bearing hub, and slave for the 3 speed clutch if you are going to update the clutch and flywheel. Is there anything salvageable in the J30?

I got a good fj60 trans and bellhousing. I pm’d you.

How about an update from the OP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom