4 dr FJ45 Body plus a 100 series frame and drivetrain= (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A friend is considering combining a FJ45 body with a wrecked 100 series under carriage. Has anyone done this before? Any idea who to talk to? The 100 series body is in bad shape however the frame, etc are good to go.

Thanks,

uzj100

Last edited:
I have no experience with this kind of thing, but the first thing that popped into my head is that the 100 is a lot wider than a 45.

Also the idea of IFS on a 40 is disturbing to me......its just wrong

The 100 is a LX470 and is sitting in NC.

IRRC there was a build thread in the hardcore section for a 45 pick up truck on a 100 chassis. The radiator wound up in the truck bed because it wouldn't fit in the 45 engine compartment with the 2UZ.

I wouldn't expect to wind up with a family hauler. :lol:

IRRC there was a build thread in the hardcore section for a 45 pick up truck on a 100 chassis. The radiator wound up in the truck bed because it wouldn't fit in the 45 engine compartment with the 2UZ.

I wouldn't expect to wind up with a family hauler. :lol:

That was an 80 with a 45 body.....but yes it had the radiator in the bed until he swapped the 1FZ for a 2UZ

Rod Millan's Retro Cruiser is a 45 wagon (widened) on a 100 Series frame, running gear etc.

Search here or Google of the Rod Millan Retro Cruiser.

You can also go to the Hardcore section, under member builds and check out Project "X". Gary put a 45 pickup on an 80-Series and, later, swapped the 2UZ into it.

I say go for it. As said above, Cobberly's is a 45 on an 80 frame. With the 80 motor the radiator would not fit but when he did the 100 motor it went back under the hood.

Best thing to do is just start building it :)

Here are picks of Rod Millens truck. It was a test design for the FJCruiser. Too bad they didn't go with this.

They had to widen the fj40 frame by 9" or so to fit over the 100.

Retro Cruiser Photos | Retro Cruiser
Retro1.jpg

I'd buy that! Very nice!

looks like a cross between a 40 and a G-wagon! I'm in!

I was thinking the EXACT same thing! That is one of the slickest rigs I have ever seen.

What surprises me is that Toyota had that as a concept and they went with the design of the FJCruiser instead. Real shame!
10_799_589_80.jpg
3_799_589_80.jpg
6_799_589_80.jpg

The interior was a quickly done concept but you can see how it's a mash of a 100 and a 40.
11_799_589_80.jpg
12_799_589_80.jpg
8_799_589_80.jpg

The Icon was another design entry for the new FJCruiser. With all the great entries I'm not sure how they came up with the eyesore that is the current FJ. I think this one was perhaps too close to the original for Toyota's relaunch of the FJ series.

FJ | Models | ICON
fj_overview_fj40.jpg
fj_overview_fj44.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom