4 door handles? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know if this truck will get 4 door handles? I have yet to see any pics showing more than two for the front doors only, but I have also yet to see the typical handles along the edge of the rear access door like most extended cab pickups. I also noticed that there does appear to be some evidence of rear handles on this site.

http://forums.thecarlounge.net/zerothread?id=2184551&page=3

Although the vehicles are covered up, it does look like there is a cut out for rear door handles in the masking.

you might want to check out the pics in this thread https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=62504

after looking at the original pic the one close to the tomato sign does not have a white roof, and looks dark gray maybe

toyotaspy.jpg

Last edited:
No exterior rear door handle, there is no need as it is an "access cab" type door, the door can not be opened without opening the front door first. There is likely a easily reached handle on the inside of the rear door.
012.jpg

firetruck41 said:
No exterior rear door handle, there is no need as it is an "access cab" type door, the door can not be opened without opening the front door first. There is likely a easily reached handle on the inside of the rear door.

I know you say there is no need for an exterior handle because it is an access cab, but the Tundra Access Cab has a door handle located on the outside of the door, even there is no need for it.

While I believe that Toyota will have the handle inside the cab, I just thought I would bring it up that Toyota has a history of placing access door handles on the outside of the cab.

Michael

They do have those exterior handles on the Tundra, but with the Taco they don't. I think it would look funny to have exterior door handles with a SWB vehicle like the FJ Cruiser, which is trying to look like a 2 door while offering the practicality of a 4 door.
032851-E.jpg

That makes sense. I was able to check out the interior of the Tacoma on www.Toyota.com and I could just barely make out the grab handle on the inside that you mentioned. I guess I was just used to seeing the handle on the door jam like the ones used on F-150s and the like. Nonetheless, it does appear like there are exterior handles hidden in the large picture at the top of the thread???

CruiserRob said:
Nonetheless, it does appear like there are exterior handles hidden in the large picture at the top of the thread???
Yeah but those covers are made specifically to confuse and hide the real form of the vehicle, looks like it worked :D